[1.1.3] Large Structural Components [24th August 2016]

IIRC the design of skylab was actually quite sound, It was problems with the launch that caused the damage the nearly crippled Skylab.....

The one main solar panel was caught by debris from the micrometeoroid shield/sun shade that essentially welded itself over the panel during takeoff, the other was destroyed, and the micrometeoroid shield/sun shade was lost as well......

Also had the shuttle been ready in time it was planned that Skylab would've been saved and reactivated, repaired, and even expanded. I would've taken that as a sign of the stations merits, even in it's damaged state.......

Edited by Railgunner2160

IIRC the design of skylab was actually quite sound, It was problems with the launch that caused the damage the nearly crippled Skylab.....

The one main solar panel was caught by debris from the micrometeoroid shield/sun shade that essentially welded itself over the panel during takeoff, the other was destroyed, and the micrometeoroid shield/sun shade was lost as well......

Also had the shuttle been ready in time it was planned that Skylab would've been saved and reactivated, repaired, and even expanded. I would've taken that as a sign of the stations merits, even in it's damaged state.......

One of the fairings tore loose prematurely at max Q, and took the micrometeoroid shield and port side solar array with it. The dorsal heat shield was dislodged in the process. Yeah, there was every reason to save and refit her. Even expand her capabilities. It was a sad day when she fell back into the atmosphere. That's why I will only show her in the best light.

I accidentally opened this thread, but I love these parts. Exactly what I was looking for!

EDIT: According to Kerbal Crew Manifest, 8 people fit in the Lobby... Through what airlock? Also, 8 People fit in the Foyer, it's twice as big as the hitch-hiker container, and still weighs half the mass... How come?

Edited by MmPMSFmM

I accidentally opened this thread, but I love these parts. Exactly what I was looking for!

EDIT: According to Kerbal Crew Manifest, 8 people fit in the Lobby... Through what airlock? Also, 8 People fit in the Foyer, it's twice as big as the hitch-hiker container, and still weighs half the mass... How come?

I think the difference is that it's a corridor that can physically fit eight people, while the hitchhiker is a hab module that four Kerbals can live in long term. KSP doesn't draw a distinction between those two things. Personally, I wouldn't put Kerbals in the corridor long term.

Just downloaded this pack and I love it. KSP vanilla has far too few station parts and these are a welcome addition. Would appreciate some 1.25m parts like corridors. That would make this even better.

What mod are the corridors with the trusses around them from?

I think it's from Jarfr tri hexagonal struts pack (lots of parts, i kept some of them).

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-19-1-jarfr-tri-hexagonal-structural-strut/

Anyway, OP must have fulfilled the wishes of maaany kerbonauts around here , including me! ^^ Awesome mod!

This looks amazing. I love how you kept to the original style of the pieces, I've been looking for something to use with the Senior docking ports, and I think this might be it.

Very nice looking parts. I'd recommend to use more optimized texturing though, these parts could have been done with just one texture. Using up to nine per part is not good for performance and memory.

Very nice looking parts. I'd recommend to use more optimized texturing though, these parts could have been done with just one texture. Using up to nine per part is not good for performance and memory.

Thanks, I'll look into it. The parts were assembled in a modular fashion. I'll get some re-texturing done.

Very nice work. But I must say that the orginal segmeted observation window (UDK-OB1) was much better. Current one looks little bit dull and unrealistic. Perhaps you could include both models in your release?

Update:

[Tuesday 11th June 2013]

- All parts have been given optimized Textures and Meshes.

- All part Materials have a new lease of life.

- All Lit parts have had their Emissive Max valued decreased slightly.

Download updated in Original Post.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.