How long does your game take to load?

mrjordykid8

about 2-3 mins.

I have several mods, including KW rocketry, B9 aerospace, bits (that work) of NovaPunch, KAS, Kethane, some Bobcat, DSM, Kosmos, DamnedRobotics (temp fix), and several other smaller mods.

OP how often does your game crash with an out of memory exception? I found too many mods results in more frequent crashes, and if ur taking 45 min to load crashes must make you curse!

Depends on the universe I am loading, but my minimal-mod "reality" universe takes about 15 seconds. I only use Crew Manifest, Engineering Redux and Sub-Assembly Loader there. I have a great rig though, with a solid state drive.

These extreme loading times appear to be caused by a new unity bug (introduced on the latest version and exposed by a tweak on 20.2). There is a known workaround, which is to disable any unconnected network adapters you may have.

I can't guarantee it'll work for everyone, but it appears to have been effective for many.

Cheers

Is this from using UnityEngine.WWW for loading files?

It seems to me, naively, like a really, REALLY bad idea to load files through this mechanism and file:// URLs... considering that threading is somewhat alien in the world of Unity, the fact that it kicks off an asynchronous process also seems rude.

My load time is around 15-20 mins. Even tho i dont use many mods and are all up-to-date. (Yes, the loading is very, very annoying. Else i freaking love the game enough to just not care too much about it)

Takes about 3-4 minutes here with around 20 mods including B9 Aero and that AILS or whatever the new one was named. I found installing Ferram really degraded my load time and ingame performance so I run with stock aero which bothers me not at all. Open KSP, go get a drink, come back, read an article on slashdot or something and bam ksp ready.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.