Metric Vs Imperial

JupiterII

Which do you think is better?  

1,033 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is better?

My first thought was: 'More of this nonsense? madmadmad', but then I saw the options and laughed a little. 'Both are bad', so true we should just stop measuring stuff completely.

This is actually a fairly poor poll. 'Which do you think is better?' means so little; it\'d be more informative to ask 'What do you prefer?' and give six options; a given system only, will use either but prefer one, equal, or neither.

This is actually a fairly poor poll. 'Which do you think is better?' means so little; it\'d be more informative to ask 'What do you prefer?' and give six options; a given system only, will use either but prefer one, equal, or neither.

'Which 1 you prefer' and 'which 1 you think is better' are different questions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cars do X miles per gallon, and go X miles per hour and A is X miles from B... (I always cringe when I hear a british documentary say 'and the shuttles goes at XXXKM per second')

Electrical cable is sold by the meter while I am about 6 foot high...

Milk and beer is in pints but its petrol by the litre...

but ultimately:

Sphess Marins can move up to 4' per turn, boltguns have a max range of 24' (2nd ed rules of course), by PC still has a 3 1/2' floppy disk drive

AND 1KB = 1024 bytes, 1MB = 1024KB, 1GB = 1024MB AND 1TB = 1024GB!Unrelated yes, but I felt that had to be said...

Cars do X miles per gallon, and go X miles per hour and A is X miles from B... (I always cringe when I hear a british documentary say 'and the shuttles goes at XXXKM per second')

but ultimately:

Sphess Marins can move up to 4' per turn, boltguns have a max range of 24' (2nd ed rules of course), by PC still has a 3 1/2' floppy disk drive

AND 1KB = 1024 bytes, 1MB = 1024KB, 1GB = 1024MB AND 1TB = 1024GB!Unrelated yes, but I felt that had to be said...

Most of that only implies if you live in a non metric country. In Canada Cars do X KM/g, and go X KM/h and A is X KM from B. Electrical cable is sold by the metre while I am 5 feet high, acording to the last generation. Milk is sold by the litre and as for beer I have no clue. Floppy disk drives were never converted because they are never used.

but ultimately:

Fucking shut up.