The L.O.G. Multiplayer Project

MarkusA380

Do you like the idea of it?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of it?

So let me get this straight;

This project is dead because it needs a programmer, despite weeks of existence. This LOG is beginning to sound like a LIE.

AND

Some other dude manages to make a working MP prototype of sorts, and his thread gets locked.

What kind of sick joke is this place?

I really understand what you think. I would maybe say the same in your position, but I say you:

There are two things you should know:

1. I am working at another, much bigger programming project at the moment, which takes my whole free time. That means, I have not that much time to begin programming L.O.G.

2. Noone of the devs posts something here, because we communicate via PM's.

But, I really want to see the thread of the guy who started doing a MP.

Could you give me a link?

the passive MP is NOT locked. infact it is fully functional, and Very Well used.

I have no clue at all what Meatsauce would be referring to with the line "Some other dude manages to make a working MP prototype of sorts, and his thread gets locked." but it sure wasn't http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24926-0-20-Kerbal-LiveFeed-Passive-Multiplayer-Plugin-Client-Server-v0-6-6

I really understand what you think. I would maybe say the same in your position, but I say you:

There are two things you should know:

1. I am working at another, much bigger programming project at the moment, which takes my whole free time. That means, I have not that much time to begin programming L.O.G.

2. Noone of the devs posts something here, because we communicate via PM's.

But, I really want to see the thread of the guy who started doing a MP.

Could you give me a link?

This one http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/40105-Multiplayer-mod-%29?p=514934#post514934

Edited by Meatsauce

Meatsauce, way to take things out of context. that thread you refer to was locked (and posts deleted) due to harrasement and bad things being posted in the thread against the OP. NOT .. I repeat NOT... because it was a "working prototype" as you inferred.

Some other dude manages to make a working MP prototype of sorts, and his thread gets locked.

What kind of sick joke is this place?

Oh really? Better read:

These threads never last long simply because they are so frequently posted, I think it's best that this thread is closed and Petumies is allowed to continue working on his addon without the negativity.

Maybe you should reconsider your negativity.

I'm curious where this stands and what is needed -- more than "k guys testers coder plz thx" (exaggeration). Do you have a real-time to-do list you've developed, e.g. on Google docs or elsewhere? If you are communicating with the team via PMs, awesome, but makes it hard to know where help is needed (fi any). If you *haven't* started yet, I might be interested in helping manage/design. I have enough programming skill to know what's going on but probably shouldn't be a coder.

Anyways, if you've already got your shoes on straight, awesome! If not, I think there's a lot of us that want to help this move forward, but are unsure where to begin.

How have I not seen this for so long.

I remember explaining this exact way of doing multiplayer many many versions ago and explaining that in reality it's the only possible way to do it.

Glad someones working on turning it into a reality.

Unfortunately my skills are only in video/graphic production and asset creating but if you'd like anything like that just give me a pm I'd be happy to help out.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread isn't dead just because I didn't post for a time.

I am really sorry that I didn't have time for it,

My problem is that I have never done Unity and that I would need some help by someone who knows about it.

I will today work on it, but I can't promise anything.

Could you share how you did this? I started trying to do this for a different project but wasn't able to achieve it.

Were you able to spawn multiple vessels at will?

Yes, here is a small test plugin I made!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o97gxcxgcyiizfx/OBlNJs1bok

The part is needed for the plugin.

I am somehow stuck at the moment, mainly because I dont have any server Software...

Could you share how you did this? I started trying to do this for a different project but wasn't able to achieve it.

Were you able to spawn multiple vessels at will?

He doesn't have any vessel spawning currently working as far as I know, since he asked how to load a vessel on the modding channel (IRC).

Yes, here is a small test plugin I made!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o97gxcxgcyiizfx/OBlNJs1bok

The part is needed for the plugin.

I am somehow stuck at the moment, mainly because I dont have any server Software...

Do you have the source code for the part that moves the craft? I don't see it in the dropbox.

I've been able to duplicate the current vessel using ProtoVessel, but it appears in the same location as the current vessel, causing lots of explosions. I also haven't been able to create anything other than the current vessel.

What kind of server software do you need? It's pretty easy to make something that listens for connections via UDP or TCP in C#. Unity has lots of networking code built-in too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.