Looking for mods which doesn't "disturb" base game

beeblebrox

Hi,

Fairly new to the game.

I'm looking for utility mods. Mods which doesn't make the core challenges of the base game any easier, and which doesn't add components.

A few things I'm looking for:

- Subassembly loader (which works for 0.2)

- A notepad (taking simple notes that persist with the saves)

- Info panel(s) that show misc data. E.g. something that shows my orbital altitude at all times even in map view.

- VAB painkillers, like something that make it easier to snap parts together. More snap points etc.

Tips of other stuff I didn't know I need is very welcome :).

Cheers.

The base of the game doesn't exist yet. Once they add a way to refuel ships and a purposeful meaning for you to go to different planets then you may have something, as of now they are just barren rocks of different color.

If your new i highly recommend looking into Kethane mod.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and recommendations!

protoz:

The base of the game doesn't exist yet. Once they add a way to refuel ships and a purposeful meaning for you to go to different planets then you may have something, as of now they are just barren rocks of different color.

If your new i highly recommend looking into Kethane mod.

I've been looking at kethane for having something to boost the game experience when I'm bored later on. Right now those barren rocks of different color are sufficient as challenges. After that, as pointed out, having a purpose for building surface bases etc. would be great.

rhoark:

Don't want it easier, huh?

Try Ferram Aerospace, Deadly Reentry, Ioncross Crew Support, RemoteTech, and AmpYear

Thanks for the tips! I guess when I'm skilled enough to be bored by the base game challenges I would check something like that out.

However I also feel I would like to wait and see what the game studio has in mind for the game. I wouldn't want to get "stuck" with mods like these because going back to base game would mean changing many aspects of how I've learnt to play the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.