500-hours-of-scratching-the-32Bit-limit / KSP 4X style / Ships, Bases, Mining,

(Update to 500+ hours on the last page!)

Hey everyone! After 333hours of KSP i thought it might be time to show off some of my creations. As you might notice, i am mostly interested in resupply/mining/exploitation, so i am really happy about every rescource added to the game! I also would like to thank all the modders of the KSP community for their ongoing great work! nearly all of my ships use mods.

Enjoy!

Here you can see my Minmus Miner refuelling the Evil Corporation Gas Station, don't buy your fuel anywhere else! No seriously, do you see the lazor guided missiles? DON'T BUY ANYWHERE ELSE!

DWOagPq.jpg

This is the heavy(300tonsfull, no hyperedit!) Evil Corporation Support Drone, it can supply fuel to anything in the kerbal system, the ship on the right is the Kethane Transporter from Mun Surface.

Tuhzu9b.jpg

I really like this Ship, its a Kerbal Transporter, it can carry up to 32 Kerbals and even reach Duna, thanks to its NTR 400 main engine.

kH8qUs8.jpg

My first Mun Base, its mainly Bobcats (really great) stuff, but i like the Picture.

fsRS3OF.jpg

I started this Kerbin Arctic Expedition, to prove my theory, that Kerbals come from Space, why else would their heads be so big, and their bodys so tiny.

PH4yemr.jpg

That is the Evil Corporations Mun Support Station, it is a transit point for kerbals and kethane to be shipped of.

PwixJp6.jpg

And another picture of my HKO Gas Station, can you name all the mods used? =)

uhHvaYn.jpg

for more:

http://imgur.com/a/qjR9K

Edited by Ratata

And I bet this was only a few hours after downloading all your needed mods. :) Really good work there dude. :D I suggest you also post the craft files and descriptions of your most complex machines so that other aspiring engineers can study and ravel at your ingenuity. :cool:

:cool: i do have a mod size problem, that is true. i have to carefully select the mods i'm running due to the unity limitations. if i installed everything i have it would be about 8gb :D

as for your other suggestions i tried to explain my station in this pic, i usually divide my ships/stations into parts of ~30 tons, then i assemble them in orbit.

AkXO49d.jpg

H5v0kLK.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks again! Even my PC will cook itself (4770k+16gbRAM+770GTX) as it has little effect on the unity engine , can't wait for a 64Bit version, i would pay for it!

i thought about typing my mod list, but a screenshot is way faster :cool:

sdpa2RR.jpg

Edited by Ratata

Wow. The only thing that I've made that compares to any of this is my most recent interplanetary vessel. And that thing couldn't have achieved orbit without cheats to make the boosters last long enough.

steam says 386 now, bit of a wonder that i am not failing any studies this semester ;-). I have to say, i heavily use Mechjeb for the flightpath otherwise payloads like that would use up all the fuel for no effect and most certainly kill themselves.

also maybe my "i play ksp like a 4X game" approach heavy on industry and mining might not be perfect for the game at the moment.

Thanks! I'm using a bit less than half the number of plugins than you. Loadtimes are a bit slow but no other performance issues I've noticed. Will have to check out some of these I've never heard of :)

w12q027xgqb13sy6g.jpg

Edited by Diche Bach

No problem and please do so! There are really fantastic mods out there and you can find something for nearly everything you want to build! If i should recommend something except the usual great bobcat/b9/firespitter it would be the JAFR, the LLL and the Fustek mods. They will give your ships and stations a very "spacy" look and are super adaptable for nearly every task while not being too big. and you really really want the KAS, it makes EVA usefull, allows rescource transfer and just looks "real"!

as an example, i wanted to create an antimatter collector station, so i used the JAFR parts as they match the look of the antimatter collector from the superb warp mod.

imjRAdH.jpg

Edited by Ratata

Succes! With the Help of the Great Warp Mod:

FTL SSTO to EVE! (it only made it back because i fired the warp engine as soon as it left eves atmosphere and with literally the last unit of fuel being spend as is it reentered above the KSC, performing a controlled fall to the runway)

kbfDLg0.jpg

w54T3E0.jpg

Edited by Ratata

Wow. What's the part count on the station? My comp can only handle about 300-350 after .21. I used to be able to handle upwards of 400. Does anyone know how to disable the new ocean crap? It is tanking my performance. I have as many mods installed as this guy but my parts counts are held down.

Thank you all again for your kind words! The Part Count for the Station is around ~1650 to 2200, depending on what is docked to it. What really helped performance for me was reducing the pixel light count to a max of 4, the shadow cascades to 4 and the max physics delta time frame to 0.03. it still reduced my fps to around 20, but was playable.

Thank you all again for your kind words! The Part Count for the Station is around ~1650 to 2200, depending on what is docked to it. What really helped performance for me was reducing the pixel light count to a max of 4, the shadow cascades to 4 and the max physics delta time frame to 0.03. it still reduced my fps to around 20, but was playable.

Sweet Jesus!!!!

I could not even handle that!!!! I guess my problem is my computer demands multi-threading. I run a 64 bit 2.2GHz Intel i7 and NVidia Graphics card. without multi-threading (which may be soon given KSP going 64 bit as of .22) and GPU offloading, I can't handle that.

Sir, I applaud you.

:cool: The Evil Space Corporation (Goatees mandatory!) thanks you for your appreciation! 64Bit is coming? o god yes!!!!! is there an eta? can't wait to really start the exploit.....i mean exploration of the kerbal system! (cause technically all my stuff are just prototypes for the real supply chain i am planning since i got kethane working in 0.1.8.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.