How to fix everyday crash

How i can fix every day crash of my KSP? I have change (updated) more than 3 times (from 0.19.* to 0.20.2) and still the same. Later i have use too many mod which can have many bugs, now used only MechJeb, B9, Kethane and quantum struts, but game is still crash randomly (several times corrupt savefiles or send ship out of solar system).

Can anyone tell in what version this bug will fixed? 0.40, 0.50?

Maybe my computer is very old... For KSP reserved 2 cores, 6-7Gb RAM (free RAM), 512Mb video, SSD. OS and drivers (video driver includded) updated.

Try making a profile that contains only stock vehicles. If it is because you have too many mods, then it should run fine. If it still crashes, then open ksp in windowed mode and use task manager to check your RAM and CPU usage. If either get too high, then you could be at risk for crashes. If it is a high ram issue, I suggest running ksp in compatibility mode. That tends to stabilize the game better. Also do a complete scan of you computer for viruses, as a computer like yours should run ksp fine.

Edited by SDIR

Some things to consider:

•You can give KSP as much ram as you want, it won't use more than 4gb and if it reaches that limit, then it crashes.

•You can give KSP as much cores as you want, it'll only use one.

Some things to lower the ram consumption:

•Less parts

•Disable terrain scatters

•Put max debris down to 25

•Go into settings.cfg and set "kerbinOcean" max subdivisions to 3 on all the "kerbinOcean" iterations.

If you can give us detailed information of your PC (processor and video card name for example) then we can help a bit more.

Thank you for replies.

SDIR: too many mods? just 4 only. I notice that it crash on 4Gb+ used memory. Memory leak? Game from start begin reserve memory more and more.

Syhrus: I have KSP on my mac pro and windows pc. On mac game work good, except MET always yellow and work too slow (~15 fps). (4 mods, 3Gb free RAM, 4Cores, but not SSD). About viruses: pc have Comodo Internet Security updated (game launched without sandbox and directory in whitelist)

Tiron: With Bioshock Infinite (In more better graphics than KSP) not lags, crashes or overheat shutdowns.

Major Healey: Comodo Internet Security

Sᴄɪɴᴛɪʟʟᴀᴛá´ÂÊ€: I've 1680x1050 fullscreen, all at maximum, but quality is too low for me (like 800x600 without antialiasing). I'll try low res.

PDCWolf: It'll use one CPU? a have 2 cores on 90% when launching KSP and 2-5% on web surfing. Disable terrain scatters - disabled (i dont now what is it. I dont known english so much :D and dont know what its mean)

Debris set to 250 but in game i have 30 parts (junk on orbit). I'll check it.

"kerbinOcean" i'll check it too.

My PC:

Motherboard: Asus P5W-DH Deluxe on Intel 975X

Core2 E6600 2.4GHz - old but new games work fine

8Gb RAM

Video: NVidia GeForce 9600 GSO 384MB (sorry. i've writen 512Mb above)

SSD: OCZ Vertex2 (System and game)

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15'', CPU i7 (quad cores), 8Gb RAM, NVidia GT 650M 512Mb, HDD 500Gb.

Update:

- With one CPU - FPS too low. not playable.

- Ship with 20 parts impact kerbin on warp 3 = crash (in log: HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost. Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)). I'he update Unity Player but that change nothing. Hmm. All crash say same "Device lost". Maybe my cat steal my video card? :D

- Kerbin = fps is normal on old config. but Jool is very laggy (fps down to 10 or 5)

- I've try to launch ship with ~200 parts (ship and 20 sats with MechJeb).... 2-5 fps. I'll try delete mechjeb and quantum struts tomorrow.

Edited by damns

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.