Component Space Shuttle (CSS) v0.2.1

rocket2guns

I still can\'t get it to fly straight

- Make sure you are using an engine with vectored thrust available

- Use 'T' ASAS without the enabling RCS for the launch and you should lift off just fine.

- If you\'re attaching large SRB\'s to the fuel tank, you will need to compensate with the shuttle engines. I set mine to between 70% to 90% depending on the rocket thrust.

Are you planning to make your own SRB\'s?

- Yes, I\'ve made the shuttle ones. I\'m making Buran style ones now.

- Little distracted by the mun however!

On a side note, I\'ve also nearly finished an X15 in the same vein. Basically cut up into parts and a 'just for fun' pretty project.

- Make sure you are using an engine with vectored thrust available

- Use 'T' ASAS without the enabling RCS for the launch and you should lift off just fine.

- If you\'re attaching large SRB\'s to the fuel tank, you will need to compensate with the shuttle engines. I set mine to between 70% to 90% depending on the rocket thrust.

- Yes, I\'ve made the shuttle ones. I\'m making Buran style ones now.

- Little distracted by the mun however!

On a side note, I\'ve also nearly finished an X15 in the same vein. Basically cut up into parts and a 'just for fun' pretty project.

Oh PLEASE tell me that the engine mount on it has the attachment node sunken into it, with appropriate collision model, so we can put the engine *inside* the fairing, like on the real one! (And maybe a 1m-to-2x0.5m adapter so we can use the mini-LFEs to represent the XLR11s from the early tests, before the XLR99 was ready!)

Oh PLEASE tell me that the engine mount on it has the attachment node sunken into it, with appropriate collision model, so we can put the engine *inside* the fairing, like on the real one!

No problem, good idea!

(And maybe a 1m-to-2x0.5m adapter so we can use the mini-LFEs to represent the XLR11s from the early tests, before the XLR99 was ready!)

Sure, easy enough.

Please bear in mind though, that you\'re better off with C7\'s pack as that integrates much better with the game physics. This will just look good and be a bit of fun. Quite hard to control, like the shuttle.

Updated to v0.2.1

Download from ZIP or RAR 7.54mb

Please provide handling feedback and any associated CFG suggestions.

New to this version:

• [li]NEW: Advanced SAS values altered in line with other packs[/li]
    [li]NEW: Mass Distribution Change (all in the engine mount) to improve stability[/li]
    [li]NEW: Origins for wings altered to improve stability[/li]

Notes:

- You will need to reposition wings and control surfaces when reloading a saved shuttle

- Place your RCS mount on the engine mount for maximum effectiveness. Two should be just fine.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Flixxbeatz

.craft file.

NOW.

Good luck flying this one! There are problems that prevents it to fly unfortunately...

(requires Silisko Edition, NovaPunch, KW Challenger Pack and KW PLF Set.)

Yes. I ain\'t no purist 8)

Guest Flixxbeatz

How about converting the fuselage into some sort of PLF component?

(Oh wait -- I think its too awkward to see the shuttle to land with an open cargo bay =P)