Rockcoole's art

Rockcoole

Guys, let's keep this on track and about the art, not whether criticism is valid or not. Regarding criticism: Rockcoole, it will happen, people criticise art and they might not like it, but as long as it's rational, civil and not pointlessly abrasive then we should have no issue with it. That said, non-constructive criticism that's being posted just for the sake of posting it, should be avoided please.

I would hate to see another art thread need to be closed down..

It's a good start. You've got a general technique, and the overall appearance of it is quite decent.

Most of the issues I see have to do with proportions and pose, both of which take practice to get good at.

See what you can do with it.

Okay, if I may offer some valid criticism about the piece itself, rather than the style, I might say that the lower section, especially the boots lack dimension. Obviously it's on a 2-D space, but it looks like it's flat. It's pretty good otherwise, but maybe add some shading to the boots or something to give them dimension.

Squad has stated that they're asexual, even though they all have male names. I'm just curious what actual defined physical features would look like in the current version of the game. Maybe someone could even mod them in. Is it possible to edit the kerbal models?

Awww, no purple hair? ;.;

I've got bagsies on having a female Kerbal with purple hair.

Looks good, Rockcoole, though if you're gonna go with the existing Squad-designed Kerbalnaut helmet, the attatchment ring will need to be wider and just out further forward. I know manga characters usually have thin necks, but her neck is a little too thin there. Aside from shading, you could make the boots look more 3D by giving them curved rather than flat lines on the soles.

Whilst hair disappearing into characters eyes is something that bugs me, it is not a sign of a bad artist. The author of TwoKinds does it, and his comic looks pretty close to what I've seen of professional manga comics.

I commend you on the hair itself though. That's something I always have difficulty with - I can never seem to make it look right.

Good luck with further drawings.

Ok, gloves are off sorry..

Please, no more Manga that is painted green and suddenly "its a kerbal' I had to put up with that for eons with the PFL thread and a 10 year old Chobit who couldn't accept an ounce of criticism.

If you are going to draw a kerbal, draw a kerbal.

Please.

Please, no more Manga that is painted green and suddenly "its a kerbal' I had to put up with that for eons with the PFL thread and a 10 year old Chobit who couldn't accept an ounce of criticism.

You didn't have to 'put up with' anything. If you didn't like the PFL thread, you needn't have looked at it.

Though, Rock, it's a good idea to draw some Squad Kerbals just for practice. It'll help with all sorts of things. The Kerbals I draw have Manga-style eyes and hair, as well as physical gender differences, but otherwise do look like Kerbals. I learned to draw them after drawing Squad Kerbals first. You don't have to change your style, but it's nice to have balance.

Edited by RedDwarfIV

I love the colouring. To keep you busy, you could try working on shading.

Too bad I can't add to your rep. twice.

Also: yay Dutch

Ok, gloves are off sorry..

If you are going to draw a kerbal, draw a kerbal.

Please.

If you don't like this thread. Why do you keep returning?

Edited by MmPMSFmM

Please folks, let's refrain from being irrational here. Rockcoole, again, people are going to give criticism, some of it you may like and some you may not. As long as it's constructive and not heavily uncivil, you should try to listen to it.

That said, could the other members please not endlessly hang around this thread and criticise the same artist over and over, say your opinion on it, as constructively as possible and move on if you're not keen on the work.

Guys, let's keep this on track and about the art, not whether criticism is valid or not. Regarding criticism: Rockcoole, it will happen, people criticise art and they might not like it, but as long as it's rational, civil and not pointlessly abrasive then we should have no issue with it. That said, non-constructive criticism that's being posted just for the sake of posting it, should be avoided please.

I would hate to see another art thread need to be closed down..

Do NOT remind me of that!

R.I.P ;.;

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.