Stop taking pictures in the dark....

brezzell

The forums are full of pictures of amazing creations, but HALF of them will never be seen. There are so many pics where the only thing you can see is the green glow of the batteries. It would be different if you had to wait for the sun to rise. But in KSP, you literally can control time. Please, no more pics on the DARK side of the mun, at night on Kerbin, or fracking directly in front of Kerbol. I really want to see your work.

I agree with you 100%. You have to admit, though, sometimes the effect can be pretty cool if done right.

SVo8rdj.png

But full daylight is best for most everything.

rhHLeqq.jpg

Totally agree.

But Jack Wolfe has a good point with his first image. For artistic reasons dark images can be perfect. For showing a craft Jack's second image is better.

Edit: over exposed images like rryy's are just as bad when it comes to showing craft.

It really depends on how it's set up.

It it has an amazing silhouette, it'll look great if viewed when it's between the sun. and some look great in total darkness only being lit by onboard lights.

Point is: you can't stop people from doing it either. just saying.

T

Edit: over exposed images like rryy's are just as bad when it comes to showing craft.

Don't tell Alan Bean that LOL...

They carried the first color television camera to the lunar surface on an Apollo flight, but transmission was lost after Bean accidentally destroyed the camera by pointing it at the Sun.

I think the main point to notice is that there is a difference between when you should be artsy and when you shouldn't. If you are showing off a craft design or a new part you modded or just showing off your hard work at making a cool station, try for the most visibility, not the most artistically over thought shot you can make as an amateur photographer/gamer. So to say that when showing off a design a shot like this:

KMJbtgF.png

Will always trump a shot like this:

V4ST0Yb.png

Cosmic radiation screwing with caera sensors looks different.

Look at some dark long exposure (aurora etc) raw Photographs from the ISS. You can see many "faulty" pixels where some freak high energy particle has hit the sensor.

My problem:

I don't plan my launches well enough, so too often during the cool part of the mission I'm way out of position with the sun to take decent pictures. I don't have the patience to wait, so I just hit LAUNCH (GO GO GO!). And then I think, huh, would be cool to have a picture of this. TOO LATE!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.