"I"m not getting an Xbox One" Megathread

ajshell1

Theoretically I could give someone my KSP account details and say "there you go, you now have a copy of the game and all the updates."

£35 second hand games tax? Games locked to your account whether downloaded or physical disk? In fact, needing an account at all just to bung a disk in and play? Hah, no. That's in the same league as Steam's "we think you're a criminal, now log in and pretend to prove that you aren't", and "no second hand games AT ALL" uselessness.

Sounds to me like they're killing the rare benefits of getting a console over a PC. Honestly, I miss the days where there were no game installations and no online stuff. What can I say? I liked the old days when I put Crash Team Racing into the console and immediately began to play with my friends at my house, no questions asked. So simple.

Sounds to me like they're killing the rare benefits of getting a console over a PC. Honestly, I miss the days where there were no game installations and no online stuff. What can I say? I liked the old days when I put Crash Team Racing into the console and immediately began to play with my friends at my house, no questions asked. So simple.

Indeed.

Very much true.

This, but with other things like L:SW:TCS

tumblr_inline_mo9js97nd11qz4rgp.png

Basically my logic.

But I must say I'm extremely disappointed at how they're releasing it and their policies. I'm glad to know they changed their minds on the constantly online and all, but really this is ridiculous. If it wasn't for Halo, I wouldn't bother at all, neither for the PS4, I'd rather keep my credit accounts safe.

i am going to have every halo ever made other then halo 5 why? because im not paying £400 to get something that can do what my pc can already do

I have every halo to date. Imma stop because it isn't Bungie anymore.

I love bungie with all my heart and I will not condone this XboxOne crap.

You still need to always have internet and check in every 24 hours.

Buying a console for one game is pretty silly. Also, sony encrypted their users CC information so no personal banking info was compromised. Yet everyone freaked out. That's not really a good arguing point against the PS4 since it's simply untrue.

I have every halo to date. Imma stop because it isn't Bungie anymore.

I love bungie with all my heart and I will not condone this XboxOne crap.

Halo 4 had zero collab from Bungie. It's all 343 industries, who was created specifically to take over from Bungie. Seriously I think they did a great job, they departed from the usual FPS game where the main quest is just "kill the bad guys" and are heading for a psychological struggle intrigue and I'm really loving it.

EDIT:

Buying a console for one game is pretty silly. Also, sony encrypted their users CC information so no personal banking info was compromised. Yet everyone freaked out. That's not really a good arguing point against the PS4 since it's simply untrue.

Well silly me then. And no, you can be offline for as long as you want, this condition was removed, else I read this wrong: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

And they had a breach once, maybe nothing leaked, but it could have, and I'm honestly not ready to take this risk.

Edited by stupid_chris

I agree with this. And now imma get jumped by the rabid section of the Halo/CoD fan base.

But I look forward to more great games by a certain developer, Like Bungie and Valve. They put SO much time and effort into their games...and to see it have to be on a crappy console like XboxOne saddens me

I'll support Nintendo when they make games that appeal to me and not 5 year olds.

Awesome use of editing to justify your $500 halo game. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Edited by Clamps

Zelda, Metroid and Pokemon are far from being games only for five years old, and I'm only going in the big titles. As for Halo, I'm not planning to buy the Xbox One as soon as it comes out, that's always a ridiculous thing to do, you wait half a year to a year and it's already reduced by at least 100$. I remember the PS3 starting off at 800$ on release and going down to 400$ after about 9 months.

Anyway that's my choice I guess.

But yeah I'm forced to admit that right now, Xbox One sounds like a big pile of crap in a box.

I'll support Nintendo when they make games that appeal to me and not 5 year olds.

You're on a forum based on a game that shoots cartoony little green men into space. Think about that for a minute.

A friend has a Macbook, so I put the 0.13 demo on his machine a while ago for his (I think 8 and 11 year old at the time) kids to play with. The next week he was phoning me to say "half the kids at their school are playing that thing now." Think on that too.

Give Mario Kart DS and 7 a try, before dismissing them as being "for kids". There's more gameplay in those than quite a lot of "serious" car games.

Besides, while Nintendo might be a family-friendly company, there are still some pretty gruesome third party titles. This isn't the bad old days of the SNES where Ninty were insisting that the red pixels in Mortal Kombat be changed to white to look like sweat instead of blood.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.