Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. - Version 1.4.2 Now Available!

JordanCox2

What rocket do you guys use most frequently?  

1,385 members have voted

1. 1. What rocket do you guys use most frequently?

This poll is closed to new votes

Your boosters are very aerodynamically stable ;)

Hahaha! I try my best... That explosion sounded sweet, by the way!

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Thanks to Jordan\'s SLS, I have successfully performed the first proper Munar EVA!* :D :D :D

Many thanks for these rockets.

*legit

Awesome! I\'m glad you\'re enjoying the rockets!

SLS is best for Munar Missions. Intrepid II is just hardly able too.

I Havent Been Able Use The Atlast V But Im Sure It Can Get My Probe To The Mun, Kars, And Beyond :3

Egar not Kars. Also only a cap on a noun or the start of a sentence. Not every word.

SLS is best for Munar Missions. Intrepid II is just hardly able too.

I\'ll admit I haven\'t seriously tried for the Mün since before the SLS and the adjustments on some parts, but I can happily disagree.

The Intrepid II is quite capable of going to the Mün. And if your particular flying style happens to end up short, you can always slap on two extra (vanilla) SRB\'s to give you and extra kick during lift-off.

The SLS seems much more suited for longer missions.

But again, I haven\'t seriously tested both since I got 1.3.

I\'ll admit I haven\'t seriously tried for the Mün since before the SLS and the adjustments on some parts, but I can happily disagree.

The Intrepid II is quite capable of going to the Mün. And if your particular flying style happens to end up short, you can always slap on two extra (vanilla) SRB\'s to give you and extra kick during lift-off.

The SLS seems much more suited for longer missions.

But again, I haven\'t seriously tested both since I got 1.3.

Never really did it for me. :\

Lol, on the OP it doesn\'t say it\'s designated for it either.

Intrepid II is so ridiculously easy to fly to the moon that it aint even funny...

.... well,it is actually =P

i admit i didnt really try the other 2 much, but Intrepid II is my flight trainer and i frequently use it to teach other people to fly if they show interest in the game... if you cant do it, chances are youre just doing it wrong... sorry :D

the SRS is unsteady on take-off that is why i use the II...and if i hadn\'t messed up the return flight to kirbin i would have had a 3rd of a tank on my last stage and 2/3s of RCS tank so...

please remember to not go straight up and then get lateral velocity,but go in a curve

personally i start to angle my rocket slowly while on the edge of lower atmosphere, that way i already get some lateral velocity while still ascending

If you can\'t get to the Mün and back with the Intrepid II (without any modifications), you\'re using it wrong. It\'s the easiest ship to fly, and it\'s the most 'unbalanced' ship in the entire fleet. The Intrepid II shouldn\'t be used for Münar missions... However, I built it before the SLS, and really wanted to get to the Mün. Now that the SLS is finished, I\'m working to make the Intrepid II more balanced (e.g. lower fuel tank capacity for Soteria and Orion, higher fuel consumption for the Atlas IV Engine, etc.). Version 1.4 will fix a lot of those issues. Don\'t forget that I\'m also working on my Münar Lander that\'s based off of Altair. Until I get the information I need to start working on Aurora, I\'ll be working on the lander...

please remember to not go straight up and then get lateral velocity,but go in a curve

personally i start to angle my rocket slowly while on the edge of lower atmosphere, that way i already get some lateral velocity while still ascending

Thunderbird is right. My rockets aren\'t configured to ascend straight up off the launch pad. That\'s probably why they seem so powerful to some of you. You\'re supposed to angle your rocket downrange during the ascent... You know, like a real rocket :P

I always do a 90 degree roll at 1000m and after that it guides itself perfectly into orbit with only the slightest of throttle and RCS input. As long as SAS & RCS are active before you leave the pad you shouldn\'t have any problems. Love the pack by the way. Looking forward to the lander.

I always do a 90 degree roll at 1000m and after that it guides itself perfectly into orbit with only the slightest of throttle and RCS input. As long as SAS & RCS are active before you leave the pad you shouldn\'t have any problems. Love the pack by the way. Looking forward to the lander.

...1000m? Or do you mean 10,000?

Yeah roll between 1000ms and 2500m and it pitches itself over. I fount that if you try pushing it over on its side as is, it gets hard to control. Maybe because one srb is pushing you over and the other is trying to push straight up? So i\'m laying in on its back or front as such. Also found....don\'t know why....it\'s pitches over much easyer to head @ 270* rarther than 90* but I like that because that\'s how I find it best to get to the Mun. It tends to natural pitch towards 270* for me with just a little yaw correction if I\'ve over or under rolled at the start.

I suppose the SLS does have more than enough fuel to ignore the penalty of launching west (against the planets rotation)

Also, coming at the moon 'retrograde' to its orbit (IE its going counterclockwise around Kerbin, you are going clockwise) increases the amount of speed you need burn off to not overshoot, and your window to get captured is lower, but if you\'re making it, that\'s all that matters

I always launch east for everything (except polar airplane sightseeing) but whether i hit the mun\'s leading edge or trailing edge is quite random for me. I wait until munrise for the TMI but its not that precise. But the Intrepid II is good enough to do either one. I completed kerbin orbit, TMI, munar parking orbit, and the deorbit burn all with the soteria booster. Unfortunately me being dumb caused the fully fueled lander to hit the surface at 200 m/s :(