[Abandoned] LightSwitch Interface

Razchek

Offhand Suggestions, regardless of feasibility that I'd love to see for this kind of part:

- Resource indicators - similar to the 'Resources' tab, like a bar graph

- Readouts of any 'scientific' parts attached to the vessel (eg temperature)

Now that's just wizard! Excellent concept!

Thank you!

Offhand Suggestions, regardless of feasibility that I'd love to see for this kind of part:

- Resource indicators - similar to the 'Resources' tab, like a bar graph

- Readouts of any 'scientific' parts attached to the vessel (eg temperature)

I like those ideas and will probably implement them at some point of the project. :)

Wow, that looks so cool. Maybe you could display current coordinates on there as a sort of compass/gps. Can't wait to try this one out.

I will definitely add a longitude/latitude option so you can add it as another menu item. :) I'm also thinking of adding a scaled navball to the interface as a part of the tools subset, maybe - not in the initial release scope lol.

You got me over here from the reflective metal thread This is quality. It looks really nice. Maybe we could use it to remap action groups during the flight?

At first the 3D interface is going to be a menu with static/dynamic text and other objects. Once I implement scrollable menus and sub menus this will seem a lot more feasible. At this stage it may be a little while before this feature would happen though.

Once the base plugin is complete making extensions for it will be simple - and I hope other modders think about adding 'specific' menus to the 3d gui. :D

@BlazingAngel665: I wrote the material, shader, texture replacement code last night and now I just need to write the reflection shader - or we could use a cubemap (predefined reflection) and one of unity's shaders. :P

@BlazingAngel665: I wrote the material, shader, texture replacement code last night and now I just need to write the reflection shader - or we could use a cubemap (predefined reflection) and one of unity's shaders. :P

Still not sure how implementing it will go, If I figure it out I will do a video tutorial for the good of others.

Yes this is a definite planned feature.

Nice, would there be a way to make them triggered events?

If you approached something like the pyramid on Duna or an abandoned probe, it triggers a video to play.

Sure!

On the other part you would need to create a collider (usually box collider) with isTrigger set to true.

If you want event locations then I could add a module to the plugin to detect when the projection being touched by the 'event-collider'. You would add the module to your part config that would contain the path to the video to play.

That's my idea on it at least. :)

Sound good?

It sounds awesome! So what are your future plans for this plugin?

I have a lot of plans for this plugin, the most exciting to a lot of modders will probably be the extensibility that is going to be implemented.

Modders will be able to implement their own code into (and onto) the interface.

This plugin is still in the first design phase. Once I'm done with initial design I will release a version for testing and continue work on it. :)

I love the idea of this. It reminds me of Dead Space. I don't know if this is a planned feature or not (I might have accidentally read over it if it was already brought up), but would I, or someone else, or possibly you be able to make it look similar, in an aesthetic sense, to the Dead Space GUI?

I love the idea of this. It reminds me of Dead Space. I don't know if this is a planned feature or not (I might have accidentally read over it if it was already brought up), but would I, or someone else, or possibly you be able to make it look similar, in an aesthetic sense, to the Dead Space GUI?

We'll see. :D

Edited by Razchek

Maybe you could add information sources like those from MechJeb (not the Auto-Pilots) and GUI for Control Groups

Other plugin developers will be able to implement these if they choose to.

I will try to provide an easy way to do this for other developers.

Imagine using this plugin to create a set of videos for all the easter eggs. "Here lies the the monument to....."

"Now that you have landed on Minmus, let's get your Kethane rig going. First click...."

<head explodes>

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.