United Launch Alliance

BlazingAngel665

Not really fir the dual engined centaur, as one has never been flown on an Atlas or is planned to fly on one. I will do ACES in a future update though as part of the Phase 1 upgrade

Wrong, the dual engine centaur will be used on the human rated Atlas 402 to launch the Sierra Nevada Dream Crasher/Chaser (Possibly the CTS-100 too). Just a few weeks ago the first test article was given the go ahead to be built for testing.

Both of the rockets are exactly what I've been asking for. Now for the Delta II...

Unfortunately I CTD everytime I try to launch anything with the CCB...but I'm totally satisfied with the models since I'm hoping that issue will get worked out. The textures...leave much to be desired but I know you guys are aware of that. The models are simplistic but exactly the necessary amount and I'm sure some good textures will seal the deal!

Extreme framedrops just viewing the CCB in the VAB, huge skipping when moving the part. I know the CTD is a memory issue, including these two rockets I now have a decent amount of mods but I shouldn't be CTD quite yet (I know what that limit is) so I'm not sure if the CCB is eating up RAM with it's model or the textures or if it's a different error altogether. Unlike usual memory CTD, this issue causes KSP to freeze and skip between two frames for about 10 seconds before the CTD. No windows error message like I would expect.

Edited by Good_Apollo

BossSquirelz made a Delta II, check it out. As for the CCB issue, I've experienced something like this to. It slows the game to a crawl when moving it around in VAB, but once attached, it doesn't.

It's all down to the collider issue on the CCB unfortunately, was going to fix it today but got called into work. I'm not sure about the CTD issue though, I've personally never had it happen myself. What other mods do you have? I know it probably doesn't make any difference about what you have, but you never know :)

Edited by Chimer4

It's all down to the collider issue on the CCB unfortunately, was going to fix it today but got called into work. I'm not sure about the CTD issue though, I've personally never had it happen myself. What other mods do you have? I know it probably doesn't make any difference about what you have, but you never know :)

Bobcat's Soviet and American packs

Lionhead's ESA (ATV/Ariane 5 only) and Rovers/Probes

ULA's Pack

KerbX Pack (Falcon 9/Dragon only)

I.S.S. Pack

...and all associated plugins

Mechjeb 2

Kerbal Crew Manifest

Not an abhorrent amount of parts, nothing the likes of KW or Novapunch, I always had problems with those installed and gave up on them back in like .16. I have reached a high number though but I haven't experienced a RAM related crash since the .20 restructuring and the 32-bit RAM workaround I did in .18. The only thing new is the ULA Pack. Twice it CTD right before the load-in for launch and the third time I got to pad and on launch readiness, CTD.

[EDIT] Will definitely check out BossSquirrelz's thread, never noticed it so thanks for the head's up. I was under the impression Chimer4 or BlazingAngel was already working on one as well though.

Edited by Good_Apollo

Dude, with so many mods installed my game wouldn't even start... I have seperate install for each space program... But I have 32 bit OS.
Hmmm well I don't have but maybe 2-3 stock parts as well. Dunno why you have problems with that many.

I'm not sure what would be causing it then :/ hopefully I'll get a new CCB out soon but I'm working quite a bit over the next few days. I've been testing everything on a clean install so I don't know what might be crashing you.

No worries, there's tons of mods still in-development that I'm waiting for (ISS) and others still recovering from .20 so I've been abstaining from KSP until everything gets wrapped up. Take your time, always appreciate the work modders do! :D

Chimer4, for some reason on my "gaming" computer (it's about the power of a potato), I can't warp past 4x on the launch pad, everything starts to "slide" apart, but on my non-gaming computer (about the power of a drained out potato) everything works fine. I'm on my drained out potato computer right now so I can't post pics but I will ASAP.

Also, is there any point on keeping my sig like this?... I can't exactly be a tester when anyone can use it...

I successfully launched the Münar Orbiter+ plus lander on the Atlas V 581 shown on the last page,although I corrected the staging errors. I haven't gotten a payload weight yet but it was really heavy as I was accelerating really slowly so it might have been quite huge. At my final orbit 206/98 Km I had about 3/4 of a tank left of Fuel left in the centaur but no RCS fuel, might need to be upped to like 50-70 units instead of 40. I really need to figure out maneuver nodes, then I'll begin my transfer to the Mün( starting with what's left of the centaur and finishing with the payloads transfer stage).

Watch some of Scott Manley's vids, he explains nodes nicely, I always use them, even for the simplest stuff, like orbits, they allow for perfect and efficient orbiting, once you get the hang of them. Have you done any interplanetary missions yet? They really help during missions like that. Never would have gotten my first rover on Duna without them.

Nodes? Bah! Back in my day we didn't have nodes! Wait for Mun rise over kerbin, burn, and then eyeball it!

And you're missing out, try going to the jovian system. It's a pretty snazzy place with a decent spread of things to see and do. Just don't try and land on Jool, it doesn't like being landed on

Edited by Chimer4

All these worlds are yours except Jool. Attempt no landings there.

Now on to business. I am at JPL right now on my cell since the hotel doesn't have wifi worth crap. Clueless has deffered the Delta II since squirrelz made one. With Chimer's permission I would extend him an invitation. If he doesn't wish to be included then I will create our own Delta II after I fix the CBC texture and CSS model. I got a great look at some really cool stuff today at the AFTC at Edwards AFB. Saw really cool models,talked to really smart people. I even saw a Hall thruster . Whenever dev work resumes expect some really cool stuff but I won't be back till Monday. I apologize for the wait but this IRL oppertunity was too good to miss. Back to modding though whenever I get wifi back Heat 1X will go up and then it is back to ULA stuff. Hopefully I can do some payloads eventually. Life post over carry on.

All these worlds are yours except Jool. Attempt no landings there.

Now on to business. I am at JPL right now on my cell since the hotel doesn't have wifi worth crap. Clueless has deffered the Delta II since squirrelz made one. With Chimer's permission I would extend him an invitation. If he doesn't wish to be included then I will create our own Delta II after I fix the CBC texture and CSS model. I got a great look at some really cool stuff today at the AFTC at Edwards AFB. Saw really cool models,talked to really smart people. I even saw a Hall thruster . Whenever dev work resumes expect some really cool stuff but I won't be back till Monday. I apologize for the wait but this IRL oppertunity was too good to miss. Back to modding though whenever I get wifi back Heat 1X will go up and then it is back to ULA stuff. Hopefully I can do some payloads eventually. Life post over carry on.

You're so lucky! GRRR! Hey, buy me a model F-15C and a C-17 Globemaster III! Nah, just kidding... but that would be awesome... :P

A Very Nice Mod... So far I'm really impressed on the detail and work put into it. I'm a engineer at ULA and have been hoping that someone would develop a Mod for both the Delta and Atlas launch vehicles. I would like to help with whatever I can.

What kind of specs do you actually want? Things like vehicle mass, thrust, size etc would be easy, but things like payload capacity to various orbits would be a fair bit harder, especially with the Atlas considering how many variants there are, and also people are going to have different launch profiles. For example I may use a more efficient accent profile than someone else, and may be able to get an extra ton to orbit. (I fly all of my ascents by hand, no mechjeb)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.