SciFi Mods - Legacy mk1 Pod

StarVision

What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)

• Original Enterprise Shuttle + Shuttlebay
    • Enterprise D redo
    • Stargazer bridge redo
    • Other Enterprises (Refit, A, B, C, E)
    • Defiant
    • Voyager
    • Borg Cube
    • Red Dwarf and/or Starbug
    • Retro Stuff (UFO)
    • Starbases?

Started on props. I've also changed the control panel in the center and have put the Throttle prop on it. I'll show it when it's done. Here's a picture of the left control panel. It will look better when the textures are darker/better. I am aware of the clipping near the top and it's already fixed.

screenshot1.png

screenshot3.png

• 2 weeks later...

Although I have been busy working at the Grestin Checkpoint this week I have still found time to work on the IVA props. I think I have all the ones I've wanted and now I just have to do probably the hardest part, Texturing. I'm not exactly sure how I'll make/find the textures but I'll figure it out eventually. I imagine it will involve a lot of noise and random filters. I have decided to use the IVA props by FusTek for the science panel which fits well the bridge. credit will be given in the OP.

I’m making these available to redistribute/package with IVA’s and any other uses

modders see fit as long as the part is credited somewhere even just a tiny bit.

Z9tA6Ff.png

351pn75.png

MxQdBTt.png

• 3 weeks later...
The guy who made that tardis mesh also made a tardis IVA, you should check it out.

I saw it a while back, and just a little while ago as well. I don't think he ever got around to finishing it though, due to some error he was having.

I actually just got back from my last holiday for the summer, so there shouldn't be many interruptions now.

That is the earth?

Yep, made it because I was bored. All it is is a sphere. The MM moon however is actually a direct rip form the game.

Stupid question, will you only sit inside or be able to walk inside? (I am sure this wont be possible, but it would be the best thing ever).

And do you have an ETA?

I'm afraid it isn't possible, and I'm not sure on an ETA because I'm not 100% sure on how texturing is going to go. I also have school starting next week, but that shouldn't slow me down too much.

Lots of work done!

screenshot207.png

screenshot206.png

Great work you have done on the ivas!

If you want kerbals to exit hatch inside the tardis its possible but the collider can interfere. And if you want the kerbals to be seen outside the tardis you can use http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24751-0-19-Version-0-02a-sfr-Command-Pod-with-internal-parts-and-crew-visible-adapter :)

I would also recomend http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25695-Sea-Sickness-Cure-walking-on-floating-vessels, and http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/squid-paramagnetic-force-system/. These can be tinkerd with to have kerbals walking, swiming in your pods etc.

Great work you have done on the ivas!

If you want kerbals to exit hatch inside the tardis its possible but the collider can interfere. And if you want the kerbals to be seen outside the tardis you can use http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24751-0-19-Version-0-02a-sfr-Command-Pod-with-internal-parts-and-crew-visible-adapter :)

I would also recomend http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25695-Sea-Sickness-Cure-walking-on-floating-vessels, and http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/squid-paramagnetic-force-system/. These can be tinkerd with to have kerbals walking, swiming in your pods etc.

I'm not quite sure that will work, considering the IVA is literally bigger on the inside, so having the collision on and being able to walk outside would put you far away from the door, and when viewed from outside it would show the IVA in its full size. I also just don't want to rely on any plugins, so that when an update comes out, I don't have to wait for them to update.

Also, one thing, how many seats are there going to be?

Since it is going to be bigger on the inside, shouldn't there be some extra seats? Maybe 10? It would be cool to be able to take with a big crew on the TARDIS!

Or maybe instead of many seats, many some kerbals can stand while the others sit? I don't know.

And there should be a screen or something so you can see the outside from the inside, so people can control it from the inside and see where they are going!

Anyway, this is the best mod in KSP! It is already my favorite mod, and now it is getting bigger on the inside! :D

I've wanted to have Kerbals standing in an IVA but the model that gets displayed is of them sitting, so it would look kind of weird. I can however make it so when you click the viewscreen you can see outside, but not actually have it visible on the screen, unfortunately. I think it takes 8 people to pilot a Tardis properly, so i might do that.

Well for the part of being able to see inside the windows you just need sfrs plugin and it has worked with every update so far =)

The problem is that to see the inside of the iva you would have to have it visible to start off with, and with normal pods that's no problem because it can fit inside, but not with this.

here's an excellently drawn diagram to illustrate my problem.

ivasfr.png

I think that can be fixed, have you tried the plugin and rescaleing? Dont meant to be negative with what i wrote just some ideas =)

How does your colliders looks when set uped in unity? Mesh-colliders/box/etc?

Keep up the great work,there are many dr fans here :

edit

I belive its possible with sfr plugin but i understand if you dont want to try,just an idea ^^

I think that can be fixed, have you tried the plugin and rescaleing? Dont meant to be negative with what i wrote just some ideas =)

How does your colliders looks when set uped in unity? Mesh-colliders/box/etc?

Keep up the great work,there are many dr fans here :

edit

I belive its possible with sfr plugin but i understand if you dont want to try,just an idea ^^

I actually have no colliders for the IVA, and the external model is just a simple box collider(I think). Im not quite sure on how to try it, as it isn't documented, and I don't think anyone has used it yet, besides the author. Until then I'll just stick to the way it is now, but I'll keep it in mind.

Actually, you only need six to properly pilot a TARDIS, if that's a help on the number of Kerbals.

okay, I wasnt sure.

Well, it would be cool to have extra space for maybe passengers? The TARDIS is very easy to control, and that is fun, and if I shall get some kerbals to a space station for example, it would be awesome to be able to have passengers, too!

I would like to fit in as many as possible but the problem of seating arises. they cannot stand so they would have to sit on the little 3-man seat.

I mostly finished the Iva props, except that there's so many that it lags a bit while looking at them, which is a problem. I might just delete some of the knobs/buttons, but I don't know where from. I'm also thinking of having two versions, but then that would require more knowledge from the downloader.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I think the Props are done. I'm just going to find a way to add more Kerbals, add some pipes/wires, and then release it!

On the topic of Kerbals, I'm not sure whether to add chairs around the console, or add them on the edge of the platforms. But anyways, here's the props in their (most likely) final state.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Sorry for not posting, but I've just been busy with school.

(and I really wanted to watch the season 5 finale of X-Files)

Although the previous sentence may suggest I haven't done anything, I have done a lot! So far I've re-textured pretty much everything, redid some of the models, added more seats, and learned a whole bunch of stuff that will be useful for future additions. All I have left to do is do a quick bug-checking session(like half an hour), reposition the IVA so you can look out the window properly, and maybe add some hanging tubes. Then I will release it, hopefully tonight, but maybe tomorrow.

Here's a screenshot of a semi-new version, it doesn't have all the Kerbals in it though. The Time roter will be more blue once I'm finished. After this is done I think I'd like to do another project instead of another IVA, because they get kind of boring after awhile. I'm thinking of doing either a retro style UFO, or some custom Starship. I've just kind of had enough restrictions for awhile and I want to do something that doesn't have to look like somethingelse , which all of my work has had to have been so far.

D1d2WGW.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.