SciFi Mods - Legacy mk1 Pod

StarVision

What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)

• Original Enterprise Shuttle + Shuttlebay
    • Enterprise D redo
    • Stargazer bridge redo
    • Other Enterprises (Refit, A, B, C, E)
    • Defiant
    • Voyager
    • Borg Cube
    • Red Dwarf and/or Starbug
    • Retro Stuff (UFO)
    • Starbases?

I can't wait! :D

Then wait no longer! I'm just running it through a final bug check and in the meantime I am preparing the other release stuff like editing posts and spaceport. It will be up within the hour, unless I discover something horribly wrong.

EDIT: Released!

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by StarVision

(I think my post was deleted because it was posted in the small window when the forums re-opened, and then hacked.)

I've made the main model and I think it'll stay the way it is. I'm just not sure whether or not to have an internal or not. I could have one with fancy props and opaque windows, or I could have no internal and just have external command seats, with clear windows.

Another possibility is to look into the SFR plugin, although I'm not sure how that works. But anyways, here's a video of the current status:

For what it's worth, I'd like to see the Defiant next, complete with landing gear if possible. :) Or perhaps Voyager, also with landing gear. And cargo/shuttle bays on both too. Just sayin'.

The Ford Anglia... okay, it's cute, but to me it doesn't fit this game at all. The Harry Potter series is about MAGIC, which has nothing to do with science or physics or rocketry whatsoever. At least with the TARDIS, that's based on science fiction, although I still fail to see the appeal of flying around in a rocket-propelled blue box, which makes no sense either.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that I'd like to see you stick to making actual spaceships, that's all.

All of the above are my opinions, worth what you paid for them. :)

For what it's worth, I'd like to see the Defiant next, complete with landing gear if possible. :) Or perhaps Voyager, also with landing gear. And cargo/shuttle bays on both too. Just sayin'.

The Ford Anglia... okay, it's cute, but to me it doesn't fit this game at all. The Harry Potter series is about MAGIC, which has nothing to do with science or physics or rocketry whatsoever. At least with the TARDIS, that's based on science fiction, although I still fail to see the appeal of flying around in a rocket-propelled blue box, which makes no sense either.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that I'd like to see you stick to making actual spaceships, that's all.

Fair enough, This was more something that I wanted myself, then others probably wanted. I think I'll finish it this week, there's not much left to do. After I still have to do the internals for both Enterprises. I might do the original Enterprise first, then something like the defiant, and then after that the Enterprise D bridge.

Well, I'd thought that I'd give a little progress update.

I've had birthdays to attend and homework so that's cut down my spare time quite a bit, and I'm going on a trip tomorrow until Friday. I have however got some stuff done.

I textured parts of the exterior, and have fleshed out the dash a lot. One thing completely unrelated is that I have SOUND!

I was looking at the Firespitter parts pack and got it all working. The source had the exact thing I was looking for and as the licence says, I just need to rename the class/module to avoid conflicts. So I installed visual basic 2012 and got it done. Credit will of course be given in the release/dev threads and the download.

Nice, as long as you don't hit a tree.

Hehe, I think the results would be much nicer in Kerbal than the movie.

I've fully integrated the sounds now, and made an "Anti flip device", which is basically overpowered RCS. except It's only one direction. For the Starships I've managed to get bridge loops so instead of some poor warp sound, you hear the actual bridge looping. This of course will be a lot cooler when each ship has it's own IVA. The Tardis is limited to its signature sound, no humming ambiance, but it's still awesome.

I agree with you, I would love the defiant.

And I attempted Voyager once- never managed to get it to damn VTOL.

I saw it a while back, and just a little while ago as well. I don't think he ever got around to finishing it though, due to some error he was having.

I actually fixed the issue back in .17, it was as simple as figuring out layers in Unity. I lost interest but hey I'm going to finish it probably now. I'm probably going to do Smiths tardis iva. But man you outclass me at this.

Will u be able to drive the ford around normally like a rover?

Yes.

Any plans for a flying '64 Chevy Malibu?

Unfortunately not.

Have you thought of making the Phoenix from First Contact?

The Titan II is already made by FASA, so you'd only need to do the Phoenix itself. Would work great with KSP Interstellars FTL propulsion.

Well, someone else was already planning on making that, but seeing as it's been months I think I'll try tackling it anyways.

Here's the current "To-Do" list.

1: Finish Ford Anglia (texturing, internal)

2: Start Enterprise IVA

3: Something else (Phoenix or UFO. I''ll of had enough bridge internals by now.)

4: Start Enterprise D IVA

5: Unknown (Defiant maybe?)

Progress has been slow, due to a combination of school, more birthdays, homework, and my own laziness. I think once I finish this project the pace will pick up, this not being Sci-Fi and all. Here is a picture of the IVA in Unity. I don't have to boot up KSP right now. I might do some more texture work around the dash, to distinguish the shape more. Notice the "Invisibility Booster" near the top.

IVA.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.