[0.20.2] Real Space Experience

jeti140973

[offtopic]

So this means the Dead Space series got it wrong during its Vacuum parts, since you can hear your gun going off when you fire, and the sound of stomping corpses.

But he does say in the OP, that not all games get it right.

[/offtopic]

[offtopic]

So this means the Dead Space series got it wrong during its Vacuum parts, since you can hear your gun going off when you fire, and the sound of stomping corpses.

But he does say in the OP, that not all games get it right.

[/offtopic]

It was a game. Entertainment. "Stomping corpses" is an iron-clad giveaway that you're not dealing at all with scientific accuracy. :D

I don't know about KSP modding, but I am going to assume that spaceCamera.backgroundColor = Color.black; is the line where you inserted the Black Background.

My question is, can I use a similar procedure to add new starfield to the Background?

The stars in KSP doesn't look appealing IMO, wonder if it is possible to improve that.

Would it be possible to get the breathing to not play below a certain altitude? I've got a line from an EVA life support mod that keeps kerbals from consuming oxygen if the atmosphere is oxygen and thick enough, but I'm not sure how to translate it into your mod. I'm basically trying to sync the two of them so that the breathing only plays when the oxygen supply is draining.

if (FlightGlobals.currentMainBody.atmosphereContainsO xygen && part.vessel.atmDensity >= 0.7)

I'm on it, guys, but it might take a while. Seems the camera for the background has been changed. I have to find it again, or find an entirely different way of doing the same thing :-)

I have a couple of other things added at this moment (more sound effects, and forced iva view (manley mode) and IVA camera shake during acceleration), but will let you know when it's ready.

Oh, and I plan to rename the mod to something like "Tweaks" or "Video & Audio Tweaks" since it's rather subjective what provides a "real" experience ;-)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You could just keep the AudioTweaks.dll and remove the VideoTweaks.dll and then use a black image in universe replacer.

universe replacer took too much memory. even if i use one black pixel. And i think if author gave us source we could update it byself.

Hi all. Sorry for neglecting this mod for quite a while. Never found the time to complete the next version. Of course, Universe Replacer took over the part about modifying/removing the background, so I tried to focus on more sound effects. Got started on adding atmospheric sound effects on certain planets (kerbin, eve, duna, laythe, jool) which faded in/out with air pressure. Also added manley mode (forced IVA view) and cockpit vibrations during launch/reentry/landing. Never quite got it to a state I was satisfied with. Also, forced IVA mode might not be a good idea at all, since you can't perform experiments and such.

Bad news is that I won't find any time in the future either for this mod. Good news is that I am handing over the source and "license" to Iannic-ann-od - the author of the Chatterer mod - who may integrate parts of it into his own work. Or release it as a new mod, whatever he chooses. I sorely miss more (/better) sound effects in this game, and hopefully Squad will make this mod obsolete before long :-)

Hi all. Sorry for neglecting this mod for quite a while. Never found the time to complete the next version. Of course, Universe Replacer took over the part about modifying/removing the background, so I tried to focus on more sound effects. Got started on adding atmospheric sound effects on certain planets (kerbin, eve, duna, laythe, jool) which faded in/out with air pressure. Also added manley mode (forced IVA view) and cockpit vibrations during launch/reentry/landing. Never quite got it to a state I was satisfied with. Also, forced IVA mode might not be a good idea at all, since you can't perform experiments and such.

Bad news is that I won't find any time in the future either for this mod. Good news is that I am handing over the source and "license" to Iannic-ann-od - the author of the Chatterer mod - who may integrate parts of it into his own work. Or release it as a new mod, whatever he chooses. I sorely miss more (/better) sound effects in this game, and hopefully Squad will make this mod obsolete before long :-)

Oh. very good news. I hope soon we can back to black skyboxes)) So we should look on Iannic-ann-od thread? And wait for news about this mod?

Oh. very good news. I hope soon we can back to black skyboxes)) So we should look on Iannic-ann-od thread? And wait for news about this mod?
Regarding the black skybox I must redirect you to the Universe Replacer mod - this mod can replace the background with an image of your own choice. My method no longer works, and his does it better. Regarding the sound effects I do not really know what Iannic-ann-od's plan are, but stay tuned for news :)

• 9 months later...
Can you put on curse now?

You could use Distant Object Enhancement to simulate the black starfield effect of the mod. Realism Overhaul + Real Solar System will also transform KSP into an realistic space simulation.