[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.21 Discussion thread

blspblackdeath

It's a new building, and it changes the way kerbals are handled for flights (you can choose who goes in what module, test-fly things with only one kerbal). No training yet, but there's a big list of possible recruits, showing their personality stats (so we can recruit an army of Jebs)

Here is some info on the Astronaut Complex, compliments of Nova himself!

a new engine that can use all 8 cores and 16gb memory of my rig!

1000 parts builds ahoy!

I've been wondering if they have a plan to create their own engine, or upgrade to one that can use the power of more modern computer systems.

Have they said anything about this, ever?

I've been wondering if they have a plan to create their own engine, or upgrade to one that can use the power of more modern computer systems.

Have they said anything about this, ever?

They said that it will not happen, it would take a full year or more to redo everything. Of course this is subject to change, however, don't plan on an engine change ever.

EDIT: As for building their own, I believe they said no.

The save changes don't exaclty work like that, it isn't a matter of where they are, it's how information is referenced. Your .craft files will survive this update but your persistance data will not (sort of)

I haven't read all posts in this thread (yet), but about the clouds thingy which would probably only as a skybox... (clouds or clouds as in a skybox are two different things for me).

I searched for a topic like this because I was reading the wiki and I saw some nice partially implemented features.

One of them is... yes clouds!

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Planned_features

And I remember months ago we had a preview of what was possible with in-game rendered clouds (live stream).

It was highly WIP at that moment... I'm not going to speculate but it makes me a bit exited. :)

Edit: About the saved games... you will have to start over with 0.21. HarvesteR said that in his last blog about the new Mün caters.

He said that this was going to be a save breaking update so they also add other game breaking features like these craters which change the complete Mün terrain.

Edited by Blinkin

I'd like to see magnetotorquers. You could have a rotation system that would be more or less effective depending on the field strength of bodies you're orbiting and your distance from them (so they'd work ok around Kerbin, really well near Jool and close to Kerbol, and not at all around distant moons and planets with no field (Duna, Eve, Moho, Dres...?).

Also, with the upcoming reaction-wheel system, are we going to have to worry about wheel explosions / bleeding off angular momentum with RCS / keeping wheels powered even when not turning the ship (meaning power failures can make you start spinning a lot)?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.