[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.21 Discussion thread

blspblackdeath

Wonder what's causing that besides dumb people screwing more and not using protection?

I would make some guesses but they would not be PC. Nobody wants to hear that teaching kids to pass tests is an ineffective way of teaching.

My mom is a teacher and those are the exact words she uses. Maybe that is why I hated school despite having an IQ of 142. The reason they teach students to pass the test rather than teach the material in the most effective way possible is because, at least in my local school system, schools are funded based on their test scores. The higher a school scores, the more funding it gets. Anyway, this has nothing to do with .21, so maybe a new thread should be started.

Edited by rpayne88
Grammer

My mom is a teacher and those are the exact words she uses. Maybe that is why I hated school despite having an IQ of 142. The reason they teach students to pass the test rather than teach the material in the most effective way possible is because, at least in my local school system, schools are funded based on their test scores. The higher a school scores, the more funding it gets. Anyway, this has nothing to do with .21, so maybe a new thread should be started

In Florida, if I remember correctly, teachers are paid based on test scores. That is brutal and unfair. Luckily my Math teacher this year threw test taking strategies out the window and actually taught us the material.

I doubt well get a new planet this update since Nova's on leave. We could be surprised though... Regardless, I want to see the astronaut complex because I suggested something similar a while back and want to see if any of my suggestions got noticed.

I'm curious as to how IQ scores come around. Is there some standardized test or something? All I can ever find online are those B.S. 20-30 questions where some people get 75 and others get 175.

Nope. Disregard any IQ claim you ever see. There's no reliable way to test it.

Most accurate IQ tests are made from about 60-80 questions. It takes about 2 -3 hours to complete them all, and you are under supervisor when filling them.

The final score is not based on 1question = +1IQ, but very strange, strange pattern. Like if I was wrong at question 1, you were wrong at question one, but checked different answer, we would have both different score.

Altough they will test you to what they think IQ currently means, which is very hard definition which changes from time to time, so the tests do too.

Err...getting back on-topic, I'm looking forward to .21 and the updates. The SAS fix and building remodeling is cool, along with the end flight sequence being changed, I'm hoping for a hitchhiker IVA and to have the thing filled at launch, along with maybe some other new parts.

Glad to see it getting closer to release.

"Version .21 is coming out soon! It's in Q&A! OH BOY!!!!!!!". Judging from the past, q and a must mean quick and assinined? If its all the same, think I will wait till the complaints come in, judge again, and again, then laugh maniacally when all the mods for 20 don't work, listen to the criers that scream MY GAME NO WORKIE! Beg the mod guys for fixes, get it all working again, just in time for 22?

Sheeple, calm down, it's gonna work, just not as you want. Remember if it's an undocumented bug, it's a FEATURE!

Edited by ThePyrateCaptain

And the new SAS behaviour is beautiful!!!

Indeed it is! :D I'm currentely constructing a construction kit voor a huge Duna Space Station, my first interplanetary big 'n heavy haul, thinking of putting that on hold untill .21. It's already quite wobbely when stationary because of the dual command pod (station command and tug)

I wonder if we could get a break down of what precisely the QA phase is.

Being a software engineering student I think it means scenarios testing... unit testing... basically computer run testing of the code that's been added.

Then someone mentioned an experimental phase... this I think would be play testing. While the computer run testing can validate that the numbers they expect to get are what they are getting... play testing is needed to see if those numbers make the game more fun or are balanced or don't break other things..

So those are my guesses as to what they are doing. If previous updates can be used as a model then the update could be out in mere days. Or if they found something really wrong... and difficult to track down... it could take longer... much longer. Yeah! Testing!

I wonder if we could get a break down of what precisely the QA phase is.

Being a software engineering student I think it means scenarios testing... unit testing... basically computer run testing of the code that's been added.

Then someone mentioned an experimental phase... this I think would be play testing. While the computer run testing can validate that the numbers they expect to get are what they are getting... play testing is needed to see if those numbers make the game more fun or are balanced or don't break other things..

So those are my guesses as to what they are doing. If previous updates can be used as a model then the update could be out in mere days. Or if they found something really wrong... and difficult to track down... it could take longer... much longer. Yeah! Testing!

From what I remember when I did testing:

- QA: all branches merged, KSP is very unstable (as in "won't start with fresh install on some machines"), lots of bugfixes and versions. Those are similar to "beta-testing" in release cycles.

- Experimentals: after QA, much less bugs, but still some gameplay fixes needed (less obvious; those appear in uncommon scenarios). Those are Release Candidates.

So basically, QA is to remove all show-stopper bugs, and experimentals to track/fix gameplay bugs.

I'm curious as to how IQ scores come around. Is there some standardized test or something? All I can ever find online are those B.S. 20-30 questions where some people get 75 and others get 175.

I got it tested at the Kennedy Kriger Institute in Baltimore. My parents thought I was autistic when I was five, so they got me tested. I did not wind up being diagnosed with autism, but I got an IQ test at the same time. So, the 142 came directly from clinical psychologists.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.