[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Grant me serenity! I'm not sure I'm comfortable with releasing this beta now. Began some last minute "what if" scenarios and they are not pretty in some applications.

Lol, well if you do release it, make sure to remind people to use quick save and/or backup their saves, in another folder, just in case. :)

Lol, well if you do release it, make sure to remind people to use quick save and/or backup their saves, in another folder, just in case. :)

My biggest concern in releasing the beta is it will go out in the wild then people will scream on reddit and various other forums "gah, wtf, it was supposed to work? RAGE QUIT!"

Release it and let's us fight the kraken! from its spoils we can help you rebuild! we are fierce kerbal explorers :D! Seriously thought, if you release it as a experimental, you can test the bugs and we can help and play. It's not a kerbal mod if it doesn't has a lot of bugs XD

My biggest concern in releasing the beta is it will go out in the wild then people will scream on reddit and various other forums "gah, wtf, it was supposed to work? RAGE QUIT!"

Well, they're stupid and irrelevant. Most of us are sane and understanding people who have been following the thread and know your concerns. As for the others, say it's a tentative test release or something.

Blasted DSL. When I take over the world, I'm making fiber optic a freebie.

It's the price I have to pay to live in the country (which is really less than 5 miles from the fracking city limits!). I'm actually using a 4G card in "extended 4G" coverage because my DSL was acting up while uploading.

It's the price I have to pay to live in the country (which is really less than 5 miles from the fracking city limits!). I'm actually using a 4G card in "extended 4G" coverage because my DSL was acting up while uploading.

Hey man, no rush. You've busted your backside working on this. I was just pushing a shameless plug for me taking over the world! >xD

BETA VERSION OF 0.14

A LOT IS STILL BROKEN. BACK UP YOUR SAVED GAME

I can't stress this enough. I did minimal testing on parts to landerCabinSmall. Some things on the probeStackLarge will act strange, parts of it popping in weird orientations. Attaching some robotic parts to others greatly misbehave(ie. closed hinge on top of a closed hinge will misbehave sometimes. TPS piston on another will act fine most of the time.

this is for testing only not for playing. your mileage will vary and please, don't share this with the entire world right now. Let's keep it in the forum as I don't read other forums/reddits currently due to my busy schedule and if someone has a problem I will not know about it. Find issues, please let me know with photos, craft file of the photo, and hopefully keep the mods to a minimum when testing. I appreciate it. I'm most likely going to rewrite the SetupJoint method (which causes parts to POP when the setup is wrong) as I begin to understand how all this is put together.

SOURCE

Parts+Plugin (You will need to overwrite all your parts with these, if using Dromoman's pack, you will need to swap the CFG's rotateAxis settings.

Edited by sirkut

Thats true about the "OMG it doesnt work, rage quit" thing.

...from the fracking city limits...

So say we all! Well, if we're in the same situation anyway. Although broadband does have it's moments...like around 17:00 when everyone gets home from work and starts streaming netflix and what have you lol.

Tried to download the source but was unable. Then again, I live on an island. Can someone else please confirm if the link is working or broken?

Thanks in advance....

Worked for me, the zip file link anyway. It's copying over now.

Maybe it is just me derping at midnight, but the parts aren't showing up, even after a forced reload. It shows up that an additional 50 parts were added (up from the standard 229) but there is nothing in the VAB or the SPH.

Great to see this working again. I had a look at the source a few days back and managed to get some of it working back then, but gave up when things moved along the wrong axes depending on how many parts I used and if they were attached to something that moved.

Tested the beta for a few minutes now, and the only things that seem to me not to work are VTOL rotor joints (which rotate along an axis perpendicular to what it should), and the hydraulic cylinder (which also moves along a wrong axis).

A few more tests show that a stack of rotatrons behave weirdly. Using a single rotatron to rotate stuff seems to work great, but place two on top of each other, and weirdness ensues. First, the moving part on the second rotatron (furthest from the root part) will pop to another location. Placing some other part between the two rotatrons seems to make things work. Craft files: (working stack of two rotatrons with something between), (stack that shows popping behavior)

Also, mounting a single rotatron upside-down on a root part makes the root part rotate and the 'root' of the rotatron stay still. This may very well be a limitation of the engine, but Sirkut should be in a better position than me to explain. Craft file.

I first had some problem getting the mod to load, as it seems to require Toolbar to be installed.

But now, the time is 06:38 and I should have been in bed for a long time. Will play more with this when I wake up again, and maybe take a look at the source again. Can't wait to see it all working again - thank you, Sirkut!