[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Thanks for your support... you can be the bouncer at the door for sirkut... Every time you see a newbie please don't discourage him away.... The more followers the better but lets try to take the preasure away... after all, this is a thing of joy...

Edited by Prowler_x1

I've been a little busy with the wife today and tomorrow I should have more time to look at the code. Please keep in mind I can't look at the code and sit at a computer all the time unfortunately but I check this thread regularly when I'm not at a computer. My mother was admitted into the hospital yesterday due to complications from a cancer operation. She is cancer free but when you remove something from the body it creates a empty space so some stuff got twisted. While I hate having to divulge this information I felt it is highly IMPORTANT for everyone to know. She is doing well but I have to visit her every day which takes time out I the day I would normally work on the code. There are some other things I refuse to talk about but I assure you that I'm working every free moment I have to get this fixed.

This plugin is important to me because I spent sooooo much time since I forced myself to learn blender (I did most of the models with Devo and ZodiusInfuser contributing a few) and learned how to skin just so I could then move to releasing a forked plugin that r4m0n so graciously created damned robotics. Anyway I am rambling.

Haha, dude.. your family is way more important than plugin for a game, ya silly sausage! :D

I know it means a lot to you, but don't stress it out. You work on it whenever you can and want to, KSP will still be there.

See what I mean?

Sirkut,

I hope you are well. Thanks for sharing a bit about your life here with us. I know it will bring some conscience between those who are reading the thread. I am sure I am not alone when I say that we hope all is well with your family and you at this time.

If there is anything we can do just let us know. We are here supporting you through thick and thin.

Made some chages here. Testers welcome.

One bug currently not invetigated is if you connect Gantry and Gantry Variant together, maybe more. Hope it helps.

Holy crap omgnull. I think you are onto something!

InverseTransformPoint?!?!?!
I certainly overlooked that as an idea to try!

I looked at the code, compiled it. So far:

1. No joint popping on a probe core for the hinges.

2. Non-motorized docking washers work!

3. Stacking multiple hinges work, multiple adjustable rails work.

4. Stacked pistons don't misbehave.

sirkut, i will be glad if you continue your github repo so anyone can easily create an issue and contribute to. Also vcs provide many useful features.

omgnull. I'll certainly be resuming github. I'm actually getting tired of uploading the source zips to mediafire. :)

The gantry & gantry variants were created for various applications and I can honestly say I don't remember what they were but I'm sure someone on here can certainly test them.

From the contributions so far here are the results of my testing:

BioTronic

• IR Rotatron Test 0 - PASSED (IVA moved too when crew swapped root capsule)
  • IR Rotatron Test 1 - PASSED
  • IR Rotatron Test 2 - FAILED (I think this has always worked this way though, you have to place the base on the root in order to work i believe)

ObsessedWithKSP

• IRTEST1 - PASSED
  • IRTEST2 - BROKEN (does this work in .23?)

Legola

• Piston Test - PASSED

Deceptus

• Craft - PASSED

Edited by sirkut

Biotronic's Contributions

• IR Hinge _ Rail Test 0 - PASSED
  • IR Hinge _ Rail Test 1 - FAILED - I think it always failed this way since the bottom must always connect first
  • IR Hinge _ Rail Test 2 - PASSED
  • IR Gantry Var - FAILED Must place the capsule on the top platform in order for this to work correctly, this isn't actually a real bug.
  • IR Gantry Var_ Upside Down - PASSED

Edited by sirkut

katateochi

1. IRTESTER - PASSSED
  2. freewashertest - PASSSED
  3. multiparttest - PASSSED
  4. uwot - PASSSED
  5. WrongTOL - PASSSED

It looks like after testing almost everyone's submissions it looks like omgnull has found the magic bullet to get this working! No popped joints, no silly reversals of directions, nothing that I was experiencing when I was trying to wrap my head around the anchors. Little did I know that I also needed to change the axis values too! Once I receive permission to do a pull request from omgnull on his fork (it's the right thing to do) I will incorporate it into my github and release the dll and parts(the translation/rotation has been changed). If you are handy with visual studio, check out omgnull's source, compile it and go crazy.

Do you have a pre-release compiled version I could use? (I really need hinges :D ) And also what do the docking washers do? clean up after you dock? da dum tsssshhh

Docking washers? Yeah suppose you have two crafts that are shaped like +'s and when you dock, you end up with + docked with x... if you put docking washers on before the docking port, you can motorize and realign the crafts so they both are + and +.

Fantastic news, I too am among those who checks this page 2-3 times a day and notice the total page count has shot up, I'm so glad there is light at the end of the tunnel and it's pretty much sorted :) thank you sirkut for such an amazing mod and thanks to omgnull for wresting with the kraken...

...unfortunately now this is the point where I'm unsure in who's name I should sacrifice my firstborn.... hmm

Edit: the best thing a mod developer can do is keep their fans informed and keep everyone in the loop and on the same page, and I applaud your dedication to the mod and the community :)

(*Gives you one of my wife's chocolate brownies*)

Edited by Eggman360

With the assistance of omgnull, I was able to merge his changes on my github (I really need to learn how to used this!) In order to get the latest version, visit: https://github.com/sirkut/InfernalRobotics The parts & plugin are located in the Parts folder on the link. Delete the entire contents of the MagicSmokeIndustries folder with the new one. All the parts contain minor config changes that are necessary! Please thank omgnull for finding what was needed in order to fix what I have been struggling with. So far on the surface it looks like everythis is working as expected BUT I'm not too quick to call this version 0.14. Please give it a try and see how it comes along.

Looking forward to testing this candidate!

Great job sirkut and omgnull!

Edit: Indeed all of my crafts for pistons testing are fully working.

Will see if something else breaks.

Edited by Legola

Just posted the release on the OP. Give it a try and PLEASE let me know of any issues you discover. I tried all the crafts I could find during the first testing phase and everything appears to look good.

thanks omgnull and sirkut you made my day

(ps hope youre mother is whel) sorry bad englis

She's recovering but is sore and in a lot of pain but the meds are working. Thanks for your concern. Now at least I can go visit and not have that cloud hanging over my head with Infernal Robotics. As soon as few people think the tentative release is good I'll mark it 0.14 officially but from my testing when I worked on the parts in the past all passed.

From the contributions so far here are the results of my testing:

BioTronic

• IR Rotatron Test 0 - PASSED (IVA moved too when crew swapped root capsule)
  • IR Rotatron Test 1 - PASSED
  • IR Rotatron Test 2 - FAILED (I think this has always worked this way though, you have to place the base on the root in order to work i believe)

ObsessedWithKSP

• IRTEST1 - PASSED
  • IRTEST2 - BROKEN (does this work in .23?)

Legola

• Piston Test - PASSED

Deceptus

• Craft - PASSED

IR Rotatron Test 1 - Yes, bottom must be connected. By plugin logic bottom is always connected staticaly, it will be rewriten later.

IRTEST2 is broken because Gantry Varian connected to beam by top, Granty Variant top is opposite common Granty top. And Granty Varian together with Granty cause veird things.

Biotronic's Contributions

• IR Hinge _ Rail Test 0 - PASSED
  • IR Hinge _ Rail Test 1 - FAILED - I think it always failed this way since the bottom must always connect first
  • IR Hinge _ Rail Test 2 - PASSED
  • IR Gantry Var - FAILED Must place the capsule on the top platform in order for this to work correctly, this isn't actually a real bug.
  • IR Gantry Var_ Upside Down - PASSED

IR Hinge _ Rail Test 1 - Bottom issue again.