[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

I dont know if anyone else had already done that regarding this issue, but I sent an email to Squad, that we would like some support. I'll keep you guys posted on what/when/if they say about it.

Good luck with that. Squad might support modding in KSP, but they aren't going to offer support for the mods themselves. That'd be quite the can of worms, right there.

Good luck with that. Squad might support modding in KSP, but they aren't going to offer support for the mods themselves. That'd be quite the can of worms, right there.

Pretty much what Deadweasel said. It's just a reality we have to deal with.

Indeed, and furthermore the developers have to be careful to keep a distance from mod code to insulate themselves from claims of plagiarism if the features get implemented in the core game. And seriously the parts introduced by this mod are near the top of my list for what I'd like added.

I haven't read the whole thread, but have you talked to Ferram since he clearly looked deeply at the physics and had some ideas on what needed changed?

Indeed, and furthermore the developers have to be careful to keep a distance from mod code to insulate themselves from claims of plagiarism if the features get implemented in the core game. And seriously the parts introduced by this mod are near the top of my list for what I'd like added.

I haven't read the whole thread, but have you talked to Ferram since he clearly looked deeply at the physics and had some ideas on what needed changed?

But then, couldn't the same be said for stock parts that were originally mods? I'm mainly thinking of wheels here, but surely, back in the early days, people made mods that eventually got included into stock.. that said though, I think it's safe to assume that wheels were going to be in stock sooner or later, it's not exactly a unique idea. Robotics on the other hand.. If they do become stock, it'll be pretty clearly "inspired" by IR.

Talking to ferram might be a good idea though. Got nothing to lose, after all. Worst he can say is 'I can't say' :)

I've spoken to ferram in "passing" in some thoughts. The main issue in just changing the code to compile prevents the connectedBody of the joint to be assigned the rigidBody due to it now being readonly. This is the code that no longer works:

attachJoint.Joint.connectedBody = parent.Rigidbody;

Trick is to work around this issue.

I've spoken to ferram in "passing" in some thoughts. The main issue in just changing the code to compile prevents the connectedBody of the joint to be assigned the rigidBody due to it now being readonly. This is the code that no longer works:

attachJoint.Joint.connectedBody = parent.Rigidbody;

Trick is to work around this issue.

In some case it will not work. Because the (attachJoint.Joint.connectedBody == parent.Rigidbody) maybe true.

Ive dig into a method where parts are attached. And if:

nodeToParent.size <= nodeFromParent.size

joint will connect in opposite direction and as result: riggidBody and connectedBody will be switched.

This explains most weird things like magic force moving base, because we rotate/translate base itself xD

Is anyone working on getting this working with 23.5?? I really miss this mod and it would be sad if 23.5 is the end of infernal robotics...

No. There is no-one working on this mod any more, and the past 40 odd pages certainly haven't been about the various bugs, the fact this is broken in 0.23.5, testing with a beta, encouragement towards sirkut (who isn't working on updating it).. nope, none of that. This is an orphan mod.

Is anyone working on getting this working with 23.5?? I really miss this mod and it would be sad if 23.5 is the end of infernal robotics...

Hang on, let me or someone else check the last one or two pages for you so you don't have to...

Yup, sirkut is working on it tirelessly.

No. There is no-one working on this mod any more, and the past 40 odd pages certainly haven't been about the various bugs, the fact this is broken in 0.23.5, testing with a beta, encouragement towards sirkut (who isn't working on updating it).. nope, none of that. This is an orphan mod.

Perfect response. Thank you.

Surely you can't be serious. All I ask of any person reading the forums, no matter the mod, read the last 10 or 20 pages to get an idea of what is going on. If you have no idea the status I suggest reading back a few.

That is some hardcore sciencing, Biotronic! :)

Thought: did you try a few more masses for the probe, maybe 0.09, 0.05, 0.11, 0.15 etc to make sure it's not some kind of funniness just at masses right near the 0.1T?

Not specifically, but with every single part I've tried, I've observed this behavior - if the hinge is lighter than its parent, it will not pop. If it's heavier or just as heavy, it will pop. Tide goes in, tide goes out, never a miscommunication. :P

I'd love to see counter-examples. Well, not really. I'd love to see a way to use this knowledge to fix things. I guess I too should have a look-see at Lazor to lend my coding hands.

Wait a second.... Is someone really fixing this mod? I thought we were all here just enjoying each-others company... Dang, that's great news.... Some one pass me a beer and throw another log in the camp fire.

Sirkut is in the process of fixing it, yes *passes beer*

By the way, I was being sarcastic.

I can't sleep without thinking about it... Every five minutes I am refreshing this thread for 19 days straight. Its become an obsession.

All I need now is for Sirkut to find a fix just before the release of 0.24 just to find out that the mod is broken again...

By the way, I was being sarcastic.

I can't sleep without thinking about it... Every five minutes I am refreshing this thread for 19 days straight. Its become an obsession.

All I need now is for Sirkut to find a fix just before the release of 0.24 just to find out that the mod is broken again...

My apologies, tone doesn't translate across text well. I misunderstood :)

But fingers crossed, there should be no joint changes in 0.24, I think it's mainly reserved for contracts and budgets, that kinda thing.. more gameplay updates, rather than code updates because they were all in 0.23.5 (they needed to be, thanks to its nature of adding asteroids and larger parts).

My apologies, tone doesn't translate across text well. I misunderstood :)

But fingers crossed, there should be no joint changes in 0.24, I think it's mainly reserved for contracts and budgets, that kinda thing.. more gameplay updates, rather than code updates because they were all in 0.23.5 (they needed to be, thanks to its nature of adding asteroids and larger parts).

No worries mate... just breaking the Ice.

We need to start helping out... All of us just buzzing around like flies near the honey pot isn't helping Sirkut...

All of us are under anxiety, we all want the mod blah blah blah... Could you imagine the pressure you are creating for Sirkut? Come on now...

This is a call to all developers who are here to help out. We need to generate a collective of ideas and tests. Lets work together on this... what do we need first? Git.

Come on, lets give Sirkut a hand... The rest of us, here that are not willing to collaborate, please chill out... you'll get your patch soon enough...

Edited by Prowler_x1