[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

I haven't followed the discussion in quite some time, so forgive me if I am missing something.

Today for the first time since 0.14 was released I decided to play around with a little more complex crane, consisting of many IR parts stacked on one another.

I use it do dock components together via those tube parts that you see attached on the grapple.

So...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tg7gez2md61z7ry/Screenshot%202014-05-11%2021.11.03.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/undlujkjsicietc/Screenshot%202014-05-11%2021.10.11.png

I thought that issue was fixed in 0.14?

You are missing something. Docking and moving stuff while docked is not fixed. The Next update fixed SOME docking issues but the one that hasn't been remedied is when you use pistons with a docking port and docking. The parents if the parts get screwy.

When I do the next release I will list the bugs that are still present so people will know what to expect. I'm going to try to eliminate the constant questions that occur in this thread.this isn't directed at you smunisto just in case.

I'm finally getting close to an actual release. So far we have:

1. Minimum Range tweakable so you can constraint the lowest value of travel (determined from part CG

2. Maximum Range Tweakable so you can constraint the highest value of travel (determined from part CG

3. Coarse speed tweakable - range .2 to 5 (increments to 0.2)

4. Fine speed tweakable - range -0.2 to 0.2 (increments 0.01)

5. Invert Symmetry tweakable (toggle)

6. Lock motor tweakable (toggle)

7. Undocking fix for the Servo Control window. When docked and one craft has 4 parts and the other has 4, when you undock the servo window will autofit to the current craft)

8. breaking force/torgue values have been increased within the code, haven't yet deprecated the CFG values yet. They will read but have no affect on the settings.

7. Undocking fix for the Servo Control window. When docked and one craft has 4 parts and the other has 4, when you undock the servo window will autofit to the current craft)

What happens if servo groups on 2 craft have the same name?

How about setting the initial extension/rotation of the parts, in particular, hinges? It's tricky to build folding apparatus when you're stuck with 0 and 180 degrees.

How about setting the initial extension/rotation of the parts, in particular, hinges? It's tricky to build folding apparatus when you're stuck with 0 and 180 degrees.

It would be nice and it has been asked time and time again. Maybe one day but I'm not going to hold off this release just to start work on an attempt on that feature.

What happens if servo groups on 2 craft have the same name?

I don't know. Maybe this video will help.

that's the way action groups behave when you dock craft correct? Very cool

I suppose so. I don't use action groups much. I'm just glad to fix some of the docking bug issues. There is one but that I will showcase but it deals with a certain application of a piston and a docking port. I'm going to have a few videos showing what not to do.

awesome work!! :D

I guess after 0.15 is up I will finally let steam update my game to 0.23.5 =)

Also, at this very moment, a video of my new robot is being rendered by my computer!

MUAHAHAHA

I love infernal robotics:kiss:

awesome work!! :D

I guess after 0.15 is up I will finally let steam update my game to 0.23.5 =)

Also, at this very moment, a video of my new robot is being rendered by my computer!

MUAHAHAHA

I love infernal robotics:kiss:

_67d732ef12ba4208b723ebdbf6dbdfbf

have you seen ZodiusInfuser's robotic parts preview that will be replacing my parts?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65365-WIP-MSI-s-Infernal-Robotics-Model-Rework-%28Structural-Pre-Release%29?p=1138752&viewfull=1#post1138752

Yes indeed. Just one hinge and you can right click and make it big, normal or tiny. It's wonderful.

Well, glad to see it's seeing more adoption. I know Biotronic is working on extending it too, so it can resize other things, like engines (YES FECKKING ENGINES).

Yup. TweakScale is certainly in use with his parts. In fact you can download them and test them out right now.

I would implement TweakScale but I'm unsure if I want to because I know some will complain it will break their saves. :/

Those parts are slated to replace the current ones anyway, right?

Yup. It's to quell the incessant fussing about how crappy my parts are and that they don't look stock enough. I may get bored and redo all my parts using references from the squad textures.

Well, that's just a texture change.. Zodius is changing the model as well and everything. Does that mean you have plans to keep your models as an alternative to Zodius's?

What I will probably end up doing is providing a download for either choice.

Well, that's just a texture change.. Zodius is changing the model as well and everything. Does that mean you have plans to keep your models as an alternative to Zodius's?

I love the new textures but, I don't understand what you mean by everything? How will his be different than sirkut's?

New models, new shapes, new variety of turny bits and hinges. Did you see the pic posted a couple replies ago with them?

Yes I seen the pics and sirkut said they will replace his models but what is the other defferences, I guess i just don't understand break it down to laymans for me :D

Edit-> Or will they both have tweakables and all but just another model download for people that want the old look?

Yes I seen the pics and sirkut said they will replace his models but what is the other defferences, I guess i just don't understand break it down to laymans for me :D

Edit-> Or will they both have tweakables and all but just another model download for people that want the old look?

Yes it will have all the features from the plugin (tweakables, speed, etc). The parts will just look different.