[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

My first attempt to recreate my old lander with the new parts. The pistons are an improvement, but I'm not fond of the (1.5x scaled I think) legs, I look forward to whatever long spindly thing you guys come up with! It still needs quantum struts to make the wheels strong enough -- I made something similar with structural parts and it's more or less fine, but the hinges and pistons are much more elastic and require reinforcement.

9550698587_0466e352a8_z_d.jpg

You are more than welcome to go into the config file and copy the whole PART { ..... } part, give it a unique name and add your own rescaleFactor value. Voila, custom size.

No no no, I'm saying I'm not happy with the stock legs (which I've scaled to 1.5x) and thus I look forward to whatever legs you guys release eventually. I used to use the other stock legs, but they are useless in 0.21 (where everything is more flimsy).

No no no, I'm saying I'm not happy with the stock legs (which I've scaled to 1.5x) and thus I look forward to whatever legs you guys release eventually. I used to use the other stock legs, but they are useless in 0.21 (where everything is more flimsy).

Ohhh. We have some legs coming out with the MSI Animator Pack.

I'm up to leg #11 at the moment :)

How many legs are you gonna make? Was it... 30 legs? 19 legs?

In case of 30, how about releasing them when you've done 15 (if those 15 legs are done, ofc. And if the MSI Animator is good enough at that point)

Rahter have a few good legs, and a huge pile of legs that only a few of them are usuable.. That comes back too my first part.. Rather have a few good ones ;)

Overall you'r mod has become one of my "must haves" for my Kethane operations, allways hitting a brick wall without it.

How many legs are you gonna make? Was it... 30 legs? 19 legs?

In case of 30, how about releasing them when you've done 15 (if those 15 legs are done, ofc. And if the MSI Animator is good enough at that point)

As many as I feel like.

Variety is the spice of life. If you only use one of them, that's fine but do keep in mind, at least for me and I'm sure Devo feels this way, I make parts for myself first. If other people use it, awesome, if not, it's ok we'll just fly our ships with our precious legs anyway. :)

It's really the main reason I started the fork for DR and started to learn modelling. I wanted a diverse set of robotic parts because I found the originals, as awesome as they are, limiting in a few areas. I wanted custom speed control so I set off to make that happen. I didn't like having to edit the CFG file, reload the game database and then resume play.

Variety is the spice of life. If you only use one of them, that's fine but do keep in mind, at least for me and I'm sure Devo feels this way, I make parts for myself first. If other people use it, awesome, if not, it's ok we'll just fly our ships with our precious legs anyway. :)

I now demand a radial mounted engine with built-in folding landing gear! :D But seriously, an engine that includes it's own landing gear would make landings a hell of a lot easier.(not to mention be a neat demo for the animator plugin)

for my own part, having on the fly configurable speeds makes robotic arms a lot safer in orbit!

If there was one thing that I would have to pick out of everything the speed control has been a godsend for my crafts.

Rahter have a few good legs, and a huge pile of legs that only a few of them are usuable.. That comes back too my first part.. Rather have a few good ones ;)

Overall you'r mod has become one of my "must haves" for my Kethane operations, allways hitting a brick wall without it.

I'd rather create as many as I can so I can cover as many requests as possible. None of the legs are 'unusable' , sure they may not all be suited to your specific application, but they all serve a purpose in some way. I made some sci-fi type legs, but since these parts are going to go on such a variety of ships I have tried to make the others more 'stock-a-like' and steer a bit away from the more futuristic feel. I'm also hand painting all the textures for legs 5-10 so it takes a little longer.

p.s that kerbal cannon made my day lol

I decided to try a multi purpose unmanned rover. small and compact to fit into my Lander/ which currently uses the DEMV Ant. I ended up with this as the first prototype.

Compared to the Ant in size

JyMGCf9.jpg

USu2j0y.jpg

A compact folded view

CzPeczh.jpg?1

and then it unfolding

T1QO6Do.jpg

XnItDTq.jpg

l3NIogc.jpg?1

7ftKxUG.jpg?1

Pt4D8Oa.jpg?1

I did not get a good pic, but it does have a Kethane scanner on it also

I decided to try a multi purpose unmanned rover. small and compact to fit into my Lander/ which currently uses the DEMV Ant. I ended up with this as the first prototype.

Ha! Use ALL the parts! :D

What is that little arm? Is it a re-scaled CanadArm?

Yes it is, i could not find a small enough robotic arm to fit.

GavinZac hehe i was trying to make it all around. but its turning out to be very resourceful.

Edited by viperwolf

Yes it is, i could not find a small enough robotic arm to fit.

GavinZac hehe i was trying to make it all around. but its turning out to be very resourceful.

It's very impressive! Sort of the opposite of my first solution, which was to make a hinged box to put my dainty little rover into and fold out to release it.

That is pure epic badassitude right there! Craft file please?

It's very impressive! Sort of the opposite of my first solution, which was to make a hinged box to put my dainty little rover into and fold out to release it.

Thank you, i just need to figure out what else it will need.

That is pure epic badassitude right there! Craft file please?

thank you, where do you want me to send it?