[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

The same install was working for me when I installed it on 28/12, version 0.11, so the problem must be on his side.

Still, when can we expect new version with tweakables and whatnot ? Currently, there are some problems (described earlier in the thread), even though the mod works.

Sometime in the very near future. I'm enjoying my week long vacation but it's slowly coming along. I do have the new module format workin thanks to taniwha. I'm currently working on the docking bug.

Working on the GUI bugs as well? Toolbar button doesn't toggle the GUI, but for some reason the GUI vanishes when KSP looses focus and re-appears when it re-gains focus, would also be nice if the GUI had the more modern black/transparent skin and if you could control parts with the GUI without having to assign action groups etc. (Leaving the option to use action groups obviously).

Working on the GUI bugs as well? Toolbar button doesn't toggle the GUI, but for some reason the GUI vanishes when KSP looses focus and re-appears when it re-gains focus, would also be nice if the GUI had the more modern black/transparent skin and if you could control parts with the GUI without having to assign action groups etc. (Leaving the option to use action groups obviously).

You can control the parts through the GUI without assigning the move +, move - and move center action groups. You can also control though the UI without assigning the keys in the two small text boxes. Just use the two arrows.

The losing focus issue is not s big deal for me to fix right now. It's the docking bug. The rest can come later.

What version of KSP are you using? What version of infernal robotics are you using? You must download .11 in the first post. When unzipping you will also see a toolbar folder, unzip that with the other in your gamedata directory. If it isn't working then I may have to redo the install.

Im using .23 and .11. I unzipped everything. I also removed all mods and did steams verify local files thing.

Sorry, i dont think theres anything you can do.

Im using .23 and .11. I unzipped everything. I also removed all mods and did steams verify local files thing.

Sorry, i dont think theres anything you can do.

Log file would help.

I've made a plane using only rotatrons to steer, pod torque and thrust vectoring are turned off.

http://i.imgur.com/NluDfxF.jpg

This flies better than most of my planes to be honest.

Now fly it under the bridge, the hole in the building and under the driveway cover in front of the curved building. For extra points, fly it through the gap between the end of the wind tunnel and whatever the building is next to it.

How can you make a part always "on"? Like always rotating or always going up/down?

Action groups. Move +, move -

Are toggles, assign a key like normal then press that key and it will continue to mce until you toggle thy action group again.

Huh. Nice to see these here, and they seem to work okay for traditional machinery.

...but they don't work at all for building trailer hitches. When attaching the trailer using KAS, in either docked or undocked mode, the docking washers I was using as freely moving hinge points locked up in whatever pose they were in.

Oh, and can we get a version that doesn't use Toolbar? Toolbar is bugging the hell out of me. It's sitting in the worst possible place it possibly could, refuses to budge, and is just generally an annoyance with no benefits since I don't use enough mods with popup menus to warrant it in the first place.

refuses to budge

Have you posted in the thread for Toolbar about this bug?

Because you should be able to move it around all you want, after you click the tiny white arrow and select the ability to move the toolbar around.

hey guys

i wanted to use this mod to build a roadtrain. i installed everything version 0.11 uniziped don´t work => no parts anywhere. toolbar deleted => still not parts. and yes i´m using ksp .23

so what should i do?

Oh, and can we get a version that doesn't use Toolbar? Toolbar is bugging the hell out of me. It's sitting in the worst possible place it possibly could, refuses to budge, and is just generally an annoyance with no benefits since I don't use enough mods with popup menus to warrant it in the first place.

An option to use the toolbar should do this.

Regarding the worst possible place: Just move the toolbar! right click the arrow, just unlock position an size, move it and voila! No big deal.

No. I'd prefer a toolbar-free version of IR but I'll check there and see about a solution. I activated the move mode but it won't budge.

When my vacation is over I will compile a non tool bar version for those who don't wish to use it.

I like the toolbar option, though the problem with RI not hiding during flight when the button is clicked is a bit of an issue. Very looking forward to this fix :)

Seconding this, it's the only bug I'm having with IR. Other than that it's fantastic.

With the latest release you have to copy the toolbar folder into GameData. If you don't, KSP can't see any of the IR parts and thus will delete all flights with IR parts.

Let's apply that to reality. ;-) "Sorry folks, Rolls Royce misplaced the plans for their Trent 1000 engine, so this plane will be deleted in 5, 4, 3, 2..." Heh, there's a plot for a story where any time the blueprints or other designs for an item are destroyed, all real copies of the item go *poof*. The map *is* the territory... Better hope the company that made your grandfather's artificial heart has lots of off site backups.

I only have Kerbal Alarm Clock and TAC Fuel balancer with icons, and with a non-toolbar version of IR that will be a third. No need for the toolbar here, especially not when it's a buggy version that sits there, unmovable, in the middle every screen but outer space. It got it to move and hide out there, then could not get it back.

So I went back to the previous version.

With the latest release you have to copy the toolbar folder into GameData. If you don't, KSP can't see any of the IR parts and thus will delete all flights with IR parts.

Let's apply that to reality. ;-) "Sorry folks, Rolls Royce misplaced the plans for their Trent 1000 engine, so this plane will be deleted in 5, 4, 3, 2..." Heh, there's a plot for a story where any time the blueprints or other designs for an item are destroyed, all real copies of the item go *poof*. The map *is* the territory... Better hope the company that made your grandfather's artificial heart has lots of off site backups.

I only have Kerbal Alarm Clock and TAC Fuel balancer with icons, and with a non-toolbar version of IR that will be a third. No need for the toolbar here, especially not when it's a buggy version that sits there, unmovable, in the middle every screen but outer space. It got it to move and hide out there, then could not get it back.

So I went back to the previous version.

No modders or Squad for that matter make a 100% Guarantee that stuff wont break when they make updates.

No need for the toolbar here, especially not when it's a buggy version that sits there, unmovable, in the middle every screen but outer space.

That's interesting because I can move my toolbar just fine, using the latest version 1.4.1. I don't use Infernal Robotics all that often, though, so I can't comment on whether it interferes with the toolbar in a bad way.

I have yet to see a reproducible bug report along with an output_log.txt. Most preferably also a video so that I can see the exact steps taken. Just saying, "it doesn't work" won't help anyone. Not the programmer, because he wouldn't know where to begin, and not the player, because they don't get a bugfixed version. Just complaining isn't helpful.