[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Whenever you guys feel like releasing it is cool, I'm just holding out on building a couple with these.

In the time that i did this you guys release it, thats awesome/funny

We aim to please. Enjoy the new part!

Thanks - that's kind of clearer, though I don't see why hotkeys would be necessary if you have the servo control window with arrows. I'm just concerned that setting a pair of distinct hotkeys for each washer will start to interfere with the existing keybinds. After all, you want the numbers for action groups, most of the alphabetic keys are used for maneuvering or interface.

I guess I'm still not entirely clear on the best way to do this. I'm sure I'm missing something that's obvious to veteran robotics users, but I honestly just want to align my docking ports better.

You don't have to assign hot keys. Just leave them blank and use the in-game on screen interface to rotate.

Magic Smoke Industries Adjustable Rail is now available. Thanks to Devo for the awesome artwork. It's my first model and I'm really happy with the results. Enjoy.

~snip~

Awesome :). Adjustable rail is here, thanks guys

Anyone have any suggestions as to why i'm able to rotate the docking port on the launch pad and right before docking but once i'm docked it doesn't seem to rotate?

Ate you using action group keys or the on screen GUI?

I had to zoom in. You have the free moving docking washer which is essentially a rotational device with no motor therefore it will not move. I need to add a better description but for now try one that doesn't have the word "free" in it.

It's official. I'm an idiot. Picked the wrong washer. Thanks for the help, Sirkut.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why i'm able to rotate the docking port on the launch pad and right before docking but once i'm docked it doesn't seem to rotate?

Oh, I had this problem before. Going back to the space center then back to the ship fixed it for me.

Oh, I had this problem before. Going back to the space center then back to the ship fixed it for me.

That worked for me as well...LoL rotated the bottom 2/3 of my station and then watched the torque wheels try and recenter the station afterwards....Great fun.

Thank you Sirkut and Devo

EDIT: Sirkut can i just place the Adjustable Rail folder in the MSI folder? Or will it conflict?

You can place that part with the rest if the parts(in its own directory if course.) There's no plugin to conflict with it.

You can place that part with the rest if the parts(in its own directory if course.) There's no plugin to conflict with it.

Ah ok thank you

And ive already started using them for other purposes, this is going to change all my mods. even mods that have wheels and so forth, extending for balance. I threw this together really fast with my shuttle and my robotic arm. but you can see where im going with this

YYW4GBy.jpg

One thing i have noticed, im having trouble making the legs work separate. I make different controls for each leg but when it loads there is only one to operate. this may be something im doing. bc im attaching one leg to the other. im trying to lift and extend. did that make sense?

Edited by viperwolf

Magic Smoke Industries Adjustable Rail is now available. Thanks to Devo for the awesome artwork. It's my first model and I'm really happy with the results. Enjoy.

Short Demo

Part download is here (more sizes will follow):

http://www./download/zx7zvacw3jmk9ly/AdjustableRail.zip

Cool, I must admit... IS THE RESTRAINING CLAMP ON THE GROUND MOVING WITH THE POD?

Because that is awesome.

Cool, I must admit... IS THE RESTRAINING CLAMP ON THE GROUND MOVING WITH THE POD?

Because that is awesome.

The launch clamp? No it's stationary. It's probably the perspective since I had it zoomed in but I assure you the launch clamp stays put.

Ah ok thank you

And ive already started using them for other purposes, this is going to change all my mods. even mods that have wheels and so forth, extending for balance. I threw this together really fast with my shuttle and my robotic arm. but you can see where im going with this

YYW4GBy.jpg

One thing i have noticed, im having trouble making the legs work separate. I make different controls for each leg but when it loads there is only one to operate. this may be something im doing. bc im attaching one leg to the other. im trying to lift and extend. did that make sense?

That looks amazing. What you need to do is start adding groups via the VAB when you add the parts. Each group give it a unique name and push them down with the "v" key to their perspective groups. I hope that helps.

@Viperwolf: Nice, I think I'll make a copy. What is the Delta-V on that?

Im not sure to be honest. I have MJ on so ill see what it says. Ill get a few pics of the rest of the rocket later. i had it in orbit with plenty of fuel, so i know i can get it places. its 12 AM here so im getting ready for bed.

Edited by viperwolf

Yeah use this plugin and you are good to go. Just follow the instructions if you want to use the old DR parts.

Are you referring to the instructions for wrapping the parts? or is there instructions buried somewhere else in the thread?

Love the use of the adjustable rails for the shuttle viperwolf especially the rover extender!

YOu gave me so many more options with your mods, Im going back and redesigning several of my craft. But i keep having new ideas, ugh not enough time. I cant wait to see your future developments along with Devo also.

Is there the possibility that that two mods (infernal and damned robotics) will merge, so we can have it as a bundle maybe eventually...^^ If DYJ gives his permission AND you are willing to do...:D

Id like to help, but i am a simple key account manager for real estate and flats...not even a little bit of a plan about coding/modeling :/