[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Is it possible to bind keys on the numpad?

Also, it would be nice if we could enter specific angles in the config for starting positions and also in flight to automatically move the part to that position.

Why doesn't clicking on the toolbar icon toggle the Servo Control window?

Is it possible to edit the servo configuration in flight?

No.

Few pages mrblaq has some code I give me that will allow custom travel limits in the vab.

It's a bug with the toolbar.

Might come out eventually. Need to finish rewrite and work on other things first.

Having trouble with this mod. I've unpacked it into the ksp directory but the parts aren't showing up. Previous mods (KW rocketry) had the parts in the tech tree, and even if I'd researched the node I had to re-research each individual part. But with IR there's just no indication it's installed at all. No parts in hangar, or science tree.

Anyone come across this?

The most recent version (and only the most recent one, this is new) does have all the parts in the tech tree. Are you sure that you have 000_Toolbar and MagicSmokeIndustries inside the GameData dir?

Not everyone has a numpad?

That's not really a reason to restrict functionality for everyone.

The numpad with Num Lock off rotates the camera, but I usually have it on, so it should be a perfectly viable set of keys in that state.

After some experimentation I am really staring to like the mod. The only thing that keeps it from my main save is the random behaviour after docking/undocking. The rebuilding of the tree seems to destroy some things there (and the log gets spammed with "InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.").

After some experimentation I am really staring to like the mod. The only thing that keeps it from my main save is the random behaviour after docking/undocking. The rebuilding of the tree seems to destroy some things there (and the log gets spammed with "InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.").

Docking has a bug. Currently trying to fix it.

Edited by sirkut

That's not really a reason to restrict functionality for everyone.

The numpad with Num Lock off rotates the camera, but I usually have it on, so it should be a perfectly viable set of keys in that state.

Currently there's no way to tell via the text box if you want the number to be a numpad number or an 'action' group number.

Edited by sirkut

Sirkut, is there any reason why the numpad cannot be assigned to the servo controls?

As jivaii stated, plus, the reason is technical.

Some APIs understand the numpad as being a different key. For instance, the 1 key along the top of your keyboard can be interpreted differently than the 1 key on the number keypad. Others don't and treat standard 1 and num-1 as being exactly the same. The same thing goes with the arrow keys, the / * - and + keys. I can't be certain Linux treats them differently, Windows does and depending on the keyboard API you're using it can be decided in program to treat them differently or not, and I'm not sure Mac stock keyboards even COME with a numpad (My wifes doesn't and I'm a Mac hater so don't think I'mma gonna test the theory).

Just thought I'd pop in to give a quick update on the Temp Retexture pack.

Between moving and a mountain of fresh bugs at work I still haven't gotten to a v1.0 release.

I will have time to breathe this Sunday (Jan 26th) and I'm going to try and get that up by Midnight PST.

Cheers!

Just thought I'd pop in to give a quick update on the Temp Retexture pack.

Between moving and a mountain of fresh bugs at work I still haven't gotten to a v1.0 release.

I will have time to breathe this Sunday (Jan 26th) and I'm going to try and get that up by Midnight PST.

Cheers!

Great news. I should also have a new update of the plugin with mrblaq's features added to it. Should be a great weekend!

Hey, is there any way to reverse the rotatron axis? Trying to make foldable rover wheels and this is the only problem I've ran into. I can't seem to find the keybinds list too, is there any way to hide the servo UI?

Not currently, but from what Sirkut says the next update will feature the improvements put forward by MrBlaq, which include reverse.

Hey, is there any way to reverse the rotatron axis? Trying to make foldable rover wheels and this is the only problem I've ran into. I can't seem to find the keybinds list too, is there any way to hide the servo UI?

In the previous release, without the toolbar, the UI windows have a collapse button. He took it out in the current release. :P

Hey Sirkut,

when in flight, I always have the servo window open and when I use the toolbar button, nothing happens.

I guess, this is not intended, isn't it? :D

I always suggest reading a few pages back. It's a known bug.

I wonder if there is a way to build something like the Power Data Grapple Fixture for Canadarm2 on the ISS?

400px-Power_Data_Grapple_Fixture_on_station.jpg

The way it works is like this: The Canadarm2 has its grapple mechanism on either end. Using that, it can attach to any PDGF anywhere on the station, using either end of the arm. It can then attach to another PDGF with the other end, and release the first end. That way, it can move about the station as desired.

So far I've used the magnetic hook from KAS to hold onto things (only on one end, with the other end being fixed in place), but I'd really like to use something like the PDGF mechanism. Is it possible?