[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

This mod is so awesome, but is the lag already solved? I tried canadarm2 like 4 months ago and whole ksp lagged as ****.

I really want to make a robotic arm on my spacestation.

canadarm2? Huh? There is no canadarm2 with this mod. You have to make your own with various joints/parts.

and to be honest, how about you just try it and see if it still "lags?"

canadarm2? Huh? There is no canadarm2 with this mod. You have to make your own with various joints/parts.

and to be honest, how about you just try it and see if it still "lags?"

Uhm im talking about this plugin which was used for the canadarm2.

anyway ok fine I will try.

Sooooo.

Re: the autolevelling rover project.

I'm starting to re-work the whole steering method.

It seems I goofed a bit, because my testing was always in the same direction. Human nature, clinging to the familiar.

The result is/was my self-levelling routine only works well when travelling in certain directions.

Knowing is half the battle.

I'll post crafts and code when I get it right.

Rubber ducking:

BTW: There is not a whole lot of programming KOS which is done this way. In order to use robotics in a real world reliably we need feedback loops.

In space, or flight, where you have 3 degrees of freedom, the direction you want to go is easily set by changing from the direction you are going. Euler angles. Ugh.

Not that useful for surface navigation, where you really just want to pretend the surface is flat, and your pitch and roll are only relative to "horizontal", and yaw is unimportant.

The KOS navigation is based on getting where you want to go, from where you are. Pitch, roll, and yaw are relative to heading, not to the orientation of the craft.

We want to establish "up" relative to our craft, then detect the change from up, and respond to re-establish up.

So far I have figured out the simple loop required to use action groups in this way.

set x to 1.

until x=0 {If <condition> toggle AG1.

If ag1 = true toggle ag1.}

I have also figured out (i think) that I want to put a docking port on the front (as opposed to top) side of the craft, where the docking port will normally be facing north at launch, and switch my control to there before initializing the levelling routine.

This eliminates a whole lot of confusion re: yaw which relative to a horizontal plane is always altered by changes in roll and pitch.

Basically I want to emulate a plumb-bob hanging inside the craft. My yaw (steering wheel direction) has no bearing on "level".

I welcome anyone telling me how I'm wrong, and there is a simple way of thinking about this.

End of rubber ducking for now.

Hey sirkut,

I know you're going to hate me, but I had two nice ideas :wink:

1. Tweakable toggle to set the dockingwasher free moving or motorized => remove 1 part and increase usability
  2. Tweakable damper functionality for everything, e.g. pistons working like landing lags etc

Toggle washer to reduce parts has been suggested. Would require another setup joint call and In this case it's just one part so I won't bother.

Damper i believe can be adjusted via the CFG but that once again would require a SetupJoint call.

But then that removes a reason for me to model different variations of the same part :P. Also I'm pretty sure those ideas have been suggested many times over the past year.

Good! Then you have much more time to work on struts :P

I googled for infernal robotics and damper but it didn't came up with suggestions (I don't trust the forum search and the thread is tl;dr)

Toggle washer to reduce parts has been suggested. Would require another setup joint call and In this case it's just one part so I won't bother.

Damper i believe can be adjusted via the CFG but that once again would require a SetupJoint call.

Thanks! I'll take a look sometime.

I recall IR including an untextured F-35 style VTOL hinge. Any chance for something like that, or even this very model re-released? I have a design that could really use it (both in 1.25m and 2.5m), but I can't find the darn thing.

I recall IR including an untextured F-35 style VTOL hinge. Any chance for something like that, or even this very model re-released? I have a design that could really use it (both in 1.25m and 2.5m), but I can't find the darn thing.

Maybe you should have a look in Zodiusinfusers thread :)

You may be referring to this:

_e156a786c19d4fc6be4e3b03412850df

_91bb5f1ed90d44b3ada2c233f1fbb3a8

If so then I haven't forgotten about it, just decided to push it back in the schedule until the current stuff is completed. This was never released though so if you're referring to something else then I have absolutely no clue :P

Well, yeah. That, or something very similar. I really need that one. :) Even with a simple gray or white texture, it'd look better than the regular hinge. I need to mount a powerful engine on a freely adjustable mount (we're talking a strategic airlift STOVL here), and this is the only thing that fits the bill. Also, this thing obviously has more clearance than a normal hinge, which is quite important in another design of mine (a fighter, which I had to downrate because the original engines were too big). VIFFing potential and STOVL (by rotating it 45 degrees or so) is also important.

Edited by Guest

That has to be the part because all the parts in my pack are the ones that have always been there and I haven't removed anything. I need to since once part isn't working correctly for some reason (industrial hinge)

Yeah, that too. Now that a of baseline robotic/structural parts are finished, could you give the VTOL hinge a priority? :) Ideally, it'd come in 2.5m, too.

Yeah, that too. Now that a of baseline robotic/structural parts are finished, could you give the VTOL hinge a priority? :) Ideally, it'd come in 2.5m, too.

I don't think anything here is finished, there a is a major release of the plugin coming and the parts rework continues. If the mod authors are willing to entertain community priorities I would vote for completing what they have and putting some polish on it instead of just kicking it out the door half baked.

I don't think anything here is finished, there a is a major release of the plugin coming and the parts rework continues. If the mod authors are willing to entertain community priorities I would vote for completing what they have and putting some polish on it instead of just kicking it out the door half baked.

This.

Btw Dragon01, everything I've got on my ToDo list has a priority. Just saying :wink:

Hey errybody

Just been updating my Kerbal to 32.5 and going through the usual installing mods process, and Infernal Robotics has made a debut on my list...Only I cant get it to work, so I figured I'd chuck my current mod list at you peeps as well as the crashdump I get, and ask if you wouldn't mind having a look or pointing out any obvious mod conflicts or what could otherwise be causing this

Edit : Thinking on it, should actually mention the nature of how it crashes, it loads everything fine, and then with the little circular loading symbol at the bottom right, It'll crash a couple of seconds after that appears when I have Infernal Installed.

Environment Visual Enhancements & Astronomers Visual Pack

Extraplentary Launchpads

Ferram Aerospace

Kerbal Attachment System (My bet is on this one)

Kethane

Kerbal Interstellar

Mechjeb

Kerbal Engineer

Realchute

TAC Life Support

The Toolbar

Module Manager

The Crash Dump Link

Thanks in advance for any solutions ye happen to have

Edited by Osdeath

Hey errybody

Just been updating my Kerbal to 32.5 and going through the usual installing mods process, and Infernal Robotics has made a debut on my list...Only I cant get it to work, so I figured I'd chuck my current mod list at you peeps as well as the crashdump I get, and ask if you wouldn't mind having a look or pointing out any obvious mod conflicts or what could otherwise be causing this

Edit : Thinking on it, should actually mention the nature of how it crashes, it loads everything fine, and then with the little circular loading symbol at the bottom right, It'll crash a couple of seconds after that appears when I have Infernal Installed.

Environment Visual Enhancements & Astronomers Visual Pack

Extraplentary Launchpads

Ferram Aerospace

Kerbal Attachment System (My bet is on this one)

Kethane

Kerbal Interstellar

Mechjeb

Kerbal Engineer

Realchute

TAC Life Support

The Toolbar

Module Manager

The Crash Dump Link

Thanks in advance for any solutions ye happen to have

From the log you posted, "Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!".

Use ATM or less mods.

P.S. Please check your post before you submit it, you have several errors including calling KSP 23.5 32.5 :)

32.5? I must have been thinking optimistically of the release schedule, my bad xD

And that would explain it all, my metaphorical hat comes off to you sir, I had forgotten about ATM, Cheers.

32.5? I must have been thinking optimistically of the release schedule, my bad xD

And that would explain it all, my metaphorical hat comes off to you sir, I had forgotten about ATM, Cheers.

When installing ATM I would suggest installing the configs from this post , they just saved me another 300-400 MB.

Edited by smurphy34