[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Look, that very rotate function was there from the very beginning and it actually has a purpose. It is necessary when dealing in symmetry mode and you want them to face different positions but keep them together. THIS is where the rotate button shines. Sure you can hold shift but you can't do that to an individual part that is in 6x symmetry mode and you want to move just _one_ part.

It can also be very useful for when you need to rotate a hinge on a super cluttered satellite and don't want to accidentally click on the wrong part and take off most of your rocket... I'm definitely not speaking from experience here. /s

Here's a small video demonstrating the "rotate" buttons. The very first movement is a "shift" rotate using the keyboard. As you can see, in symmetry mode they all move in unison. Now the rest is just me messing around wildly with the buttons in the Group Editor. Notice the difference now and how this could be useful?

http://youtu.be/leGRJne8o-k

I haven't checked recently, but how does it behave with the rework hinges (not joints)? Last time I looked it rotated around the part origin, rather than attachment node. If that was resolved then maybe I could see a use for the feature, but up to now I've struggled to think of any practical situations.

Sirkut first of i love the work you have don.

I an idea you might like.

How about a option for when you let go de move button the rotator (object) move's back to the start postition.

I do not if it is possible. But i love to see it

Thanks

Sirkut first of i love the work you have don.

I an idea you might like.

How about a option for when you let go de move button the rotator (object) move's back to the start postition.

I do not if it is possible. But i love to see it

Thanks

Seems like a neat idea but I'm not certain I want to add that complexity to the plugin just now.

I'm running into two problems after installing this mod. First, I don't have tweakable sizes for any of the parts. I installed the files correctly and have tried it on multiple copies of the game. Secondly, I have Toolbar already installed and IR shows up for the group editor in the VAB, but once on the launchpad Toolbar doesn't show up at all, and I have no window for my IR parts at all.

I think I'm having a conflict with Goodspeed Aerospace Parts also having a tweakable scale feature.

Edited by cdugas4

I'm running into two problems after installing this mod. First, I don't have tweakable sizes for any of the parts. I installed the files correctly and have tried it on multiple copies of the game. Secondly, I have Toolbar already installed and IR shows up for the group editor in the VAB, but once on the launchpad Toolbar doesn't show up at all, and I have no window for my IR parts at all.

Need to see the log file. Are you using any other mods?

I think I'm having a conflict with Goodspeed Aerospace Parts also having a tweakable scale feature.

The goodspeed.dll is known to conflict with tweakscale.

I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't proposed already (not looking at all 361 pages of posts), but if you have a probe pod (for unmanned flight) AND the hitchhiker can, I feel, even with one Kerbal out, so long as there's another in the rocket (or so long as the probe pod remains on the ship) the robotics added should STILL work (I felt disappointed when I couldn't "switch tracks" with a docking washer with a ladder rung on it between vertical ladder rungs and horizontal rungs on the sides, because a Kerbal was outside of the rocket).

I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't proposed already (not looking at all 361 pages of posts), but if you have a probe pod (for unmanned flight) AND the hitchhiker can, I feel, even with one Kerbal out, so long as there's another in the rocket (or so long as the probe pod remains on the ship) the robotics added should STILL work (I felt disappointed when I couldn't "switch tracks" with a docking washer with a ladder rung on it between vertical ladder rungs and horizontal rungs on the sides, because a Kerbal was outside of the rocket).

It has been suggested and I've noted this.

okay, maybe some day.

and i'm just trying 16,1 and the wobble is gone, thanks man this is amzing.

no more moving engine's in my vtol.

i'm gonna rebuild my robotech vf-1j.

no more wobble legs, yes!!!!!!

Perfect. Thanks for updating me on your issues. I had an inkling it may be due to the mass which is now scaled for the most part proportionally.

Does the mod break all saved games or just saved games with parts from the mod in it? I've never downloaded it before. Will it still break my saved games?

Only if you have used a previous version of Infernal Robotics. If you haven't used them before, you are safe. :)

Well, sirkut, I've encountered two major problems with the updated mod.

#1: Since I updated to the new version of the mod, I now cannot select the menu with the Esc button.

#2: Redundant parts, in the builder menus AND in career mode's tree (two normal-sized powered hinges, for example, among similar listed parts).

Edited by Dire_Squid

Well, sirkut, I've encountered two major problems with the updated mod.

#1: Since I updated to the new version of the mod, I now cannot select the menu with the Esc button.

#2: Redundant parts, in the builder menus AND in career mode's tree (two normal-sized powered hinges, for example, among similar listed parts).

I bet you didn't install the update by completely deleting the old one. Look in your parts folder. You should only have Legacy...anything else needs to be deleted unless you have a directory called Rework...

Menu with escape button? I would need to see a log file but I don't see how my mod would affect that.

You're right about the first one (did it accidentally, now that I think about it).

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make a log file, as the only time I encounter them is when my game crashes, and it asks if I want to send the report to the game designers.

I'll re-upload Ver 16.1, tomorrow...

Tomorrow because because I'm getting tired of undoing and redoing my Mun and Minmus rockets of all their IR stuff (did the whole thing 3 times... ish).

Only if you have used a previous version of Infernal Robotics. If you haven't used them before, you are safe. :)

Or if you are lucky like me, you can load your old save games that were saved under 0.15 and there is no problem at all :)

You're right about the first one (did it accidentally, now that I think about it).

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make a log file, as the only time I encounter them is when my game crashes, and it asks if I want to send the report to the game designers.

I'll re-upload Ver 16.1, tomorrow...

Tomorrow because because I'm getting tired of undoing and redoing my Mun and Minmus rockets of all their IR stuff (did the whole thing 3 times... ish).

Your log file resides in your KSP install directory under KSP_Data and it's called output_log.txt , like so;

9BJxlPh.jpg

Good places to upload the log file include: Dropbox, Pastebin, Hastebin, and more.

I bet you didn't install the update by completely deleting the old one. Look in your parts folder. You should only have Legacy...anything else needs to be deleted unless you have a directory called Rework...

Menu with escape button? I would need to see a log file but I don't see how my mod would affect that.

It didn't happen this time, thankfully. Also, I was INITIALLY going to mention the lack of varying sized parts, but once I saw the TweakScale option, I shut my mouth, and had fun scaling parts up and down.

Good show, kind sir.

I promised some auto-levelling kOS code and I'm delivering auto-levelling code.

Still not done yet, but greatly improved.

This is just for pitch. I'm working on streamlined code for pitch and yaw, then I want to create a "dead-zone" to take away the twitching.

I'm no programmer, and it probably shows... so if anyone wants to help me improve my methods please do.

Note: the timing of pauses has a dramatic effect on levelling, i'm trying to understand that.

NOT TESTED WITH LATEST IR Version.

clearscreen.

set ta to 0.001.//time before toggle off TIMING is CRITICAL

set tb to 0.001.//time after toggle off TIMING is CRITICAL

set x to 1.

until x = 0{

//set fixyaw to (facing:yaw -up:yaw).

set fixpitch to facing:pitch.

if facing:roll <270 and facing:roll > 90 {

if fixpitch > 0 and fixpitch >180 {toggle ag2.}

wait ta.

if ag2 = true toggle ag2.

wait tb.

if fixpitch > 0 and fixpitch <180 {toggle ag1.}

wait ta.

if ag1 = true toggle ag1.

wait tb.

print fixpitch + " 90 to 270 sqnce a" at (0,1).

}

if facing:roll >270 or facing:roll < 90 {

if fixpitch > 0 and fixpitch < 180{toggle ag2.}

wait ta.

if ag2 = true toggle ag2.

wait tb.

if fixpitch > 0 and fixpitch > 180{toggle ag1.}

wait ta.

if ag1 = true toggle ag1.

wait tb.

print fixpitch + " <90 or >270 sqnce b" at (0,2).

}

}

Edited by Dr_Goddard