[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Yes definitely, the UI you have is currently tiny, it could easily hold another 3 buttons / boxes per line without compromising the useability at all - It's not FAR eh? The ability to set parameters of the action would be extremely handy I think.

I'm in full agreement -- the ability to specify limits (and direction!) would be super handy to have.

I'm in full agreement -- the ability to specify limits (and direction!) would be super handy to have.

Perhaps have an 'Advanced' button which toggles the visibility of the extra settings

Being able to resize the servos panel in the VAB would also be nice if possible, presently the move group up/down buttons on the righthand side of the window get covered by the scrollbar when I get a lot of MSI parts involved (@2560x1440).

Perhaps have an 'Advanced' button which toggles the visibility of the extra settings

You see now there is the killer feature right there, don't matter how many things you have in your UI if you can just toggle em off (and X,Y,Z that'd be cool tooThought about it, every model would look horrid unless you had like an omni-hingrotroniston) of course this all sounds super easy to me :blush:

Edited by Jahulath

Anyone love kOS? This is what I've been working on... Currently the hinge's range is -90 and 90 according to the cfg. Still a lot of work ahead but I wanted to show the potential in kOS for external mods such as Infernal Robotics. I envision being able to calculate how many seconds before impact so you can unfold a probe/rover for landing.

You could do a LOT more than open a probe, you could have an actual walking program, or an automated base construction program! I wonder how KOS would operate with lazor in terms of controlling another ship while on the active one...too much for my brain right now, but interesting idea....

Ok that is AWESOME!!! How do you do that and how do you handle multiple hinges/rotatrons/gantrys/etc?

I'm working on the code to do this. As for multiples that's to be determined after I get this part finished. Baby steps.

Can that be changed so the two points on the ends are stationary and the one in the middle is the one that slides?

If its the gantry parts your talking about, a few pages back a way to change it was mentioned but I don't remember by who. I think it was if you go into the part config and change

fixedMesh = Base 

to

fixedMesh = Platform 

it works.

Yup, this is the awesome I've been waiting for. Any chance of getting a prerelease for testing of the integration?

Maybe but it would be up to the individual to grab the kOS source and compile it for themselves or Kevin approves me distributing a dll that supports the new external registrations. Right now I'm just getting things to "dance". Currently I have the following:

Via the cfg, the hinge can travel -180 to 180

At the origin of the Tall Powered Hinge, the value is at 0. If you want to move to the +45 degree side, you call:

CALL MSIROTATE(45,X) where X is the amount of seconds you would like for it to take to move to the 45 degree mark.

Now if you want to move back to origin, you have to subtract what you travelled.

CALL MSIROTATE(-44,X) <---have to account for the origin being 0 until i fix this

There will be a few other functions one can call but for now that's what I got going.

Edited by sirkut

Maybe but it would be up to the individual to grab the kOS source and compile it for themselves or Kevin approves me distributing a dll that supports the new external registrations. Right now I'm just getting things to "dance". Currently I have the following:

Via the cfg, the hinge can travel -180 to 180

At the origin of the Tall Powered Hinge, the value is at 0. If you want to move to the +45 degree side, you call:

CALL MSIROTATE(45,X) where X is the amount of seconds you would like for it to take to move to the 45 degree mark.

Now if you want to move back to origin, you have to subtract what you travelled.

CALL MSIROTATE(-44,X) <---have to account for the origin being 0 until i fix this

There will be a few other functions one can call but for now that's what I got going.

I can certainly grab Kevin's updated source, it'd give me a good excuse to override the copy I was digging at trying to get this exact thing to work with something that will definitely work.

One question: can you use decimal seconds like .25 if you want it to move into place in a quarter of a second?

You can and I have found that the update is called every 0.02 seconds so that's the smallest you can get on a time interval. If you compile your own don't give it out (not that I can't stop you) I just don't want people flooding this thread with help with something I had no hand in. I really don't want to go down that road.

You can and I have found that the update is called every 0.02 seconds so that's the smallest you can get on a time interval. If you compile your own don't give it out (not that I can't stop you) I just don't want people flooding this thread with help with something I had no hand in. I really don't want to go down that road.
Definitely, the last thing you want to end up doing is supporting his plugin or other versions of it, that might drive you a bit mad. I think there is currently much confusion about plugins, it has become a bit messy lately. I don't think I have had so many emails ever simply asking for help.