[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

The most recent version (and only the most recent one, this is new) does have all the parts in the tech tree. Are you sure that you have 000_Toolbar and MagicSmokeIndustries inside the GameData dir?

I somehow ended up without the 000_Toolbar, maybe I had an old version. Thanks!

I wonder if there is a way to build something like the Power Data Grapple Fixture for Canadarm2 on the ISS?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8d/Power_Data_Grapple_Fixture_on_station.jpg/400px-Power_Data_Grapple_Fixture_on_station.jpg

The way it works is like this: The Canadarm2 has its grapple mechanism on either end. Using that, it can attach to any PDGF anywhere on the station, using either end of the arm. It can then attach to another PDGF with the other end, and release the first end. That way, it can move about the station as desired.

So far I've used the magnetic hook from KAS to hold onto things (only on one end, with the other end being fixed in place), but I'd really like to use something like the PDGF mechanism. Is it possible?

We have built one already, or something similar. It's coming in the MSI animator pack. Would not be hard to add a decoupler type version. I'll whack one together today I need a break from other stuff.

We have built one already, or something similar. It's coming in the MSI animator pack. Would not be hard to add a decoupler type version. I'll whack one together today I need a break from other stuff.

I'm intrigued. It would be cool if we could get some of the MSI animator parts included under the model rework at some point (after all of the other things on my list :P).

Are there any plans to add some sort of ball joint in addition to the hinges?

(Please note that I didn't read through all of the 191 pages of this thread. It might have been discussed before.)

Not particularly, since a ball joint essentially has three separate axes of rotation in one part. You could always assemble one from two rotatrons and a hinge though.

Not particularly, since a ball joint essentially has three separate axes of rotation in one part. You could always assemble one from two rotatrons and a hinge though.

Exactly, that's why I'd like to suggest adding one, because it adds a lot of flexibility without having to resort to other parts. Aside from the fact that those have their size, too.

Exactly, that's why I'd like to suggest adding one, because it adds a lot of flexibility without having to resort to other parts. Aside from the fact that those have their size, too.

I don't think the IR plugin currently supports multiple axes of control per part though. Sirkut? Add to the list maybe ;)

Lately IR button from toolbar seems not to work properly - IR windows are visible all time. Anyone got same problem?

Yep. Same here. I looked through the thread before and hadn't seen anyone else with the issue.

I'm using the Linux x64 bit client.

The IR window does open and close via toolbar in the VAB/SPH, but not during launch.

Thanks for the update, I use this mod all the time and love it. I really appreciate all the work you put into this.

But...

A question? Does "Large Rotatron (smaller version needs an update from Devo as I don't have the original blender file so that will come out later)" from the OP mean if we use a small Rotatron the GUI is still always visible in fight mode?

Thanks again

toolbar bug still seems to be present after installing the update :(

What IR parts did you use? I've found that if the small Rotatron is used the GUI stays visible in flight mode, all other IR parts allow the GUI to respect the toolbar action.

toolbar bug still seems to be present after installing the update :(

Same problem, and I'm not using a rototron. LOVE the mod though, great work!!!

Edited by Woodstar
because I wanted to

What IR parts did you use? I've found that if the small Rotatron is used the GUI stays visible in flight mode, all other IR parts allow the GUI to respect the toolbar action.

Now this is more info. I'll take a look and see what is going on.

Can you operate the parts in the VAB? I have the IR interface but when I hit the buttons that operate them they just rotate in the wrong direction.

I just started using IR and am having the same issue, it's rotating the entire part as opposed to operating the hinge/piston/docking washer as would be expected in the VAB). Also with the 0.12 update I don't seem to have the options for min/max. I deleted the 0.11 folder and copied it from the 0.12 zip file. I believe the toolbar fix is working though, although lock and the button to hide the gui from the right click menu doesn't seem to work, I'm mostly trying to use the medium (half size I think) 90 degree powered hinge. If needed I can list all my mods, but I haven't seen anyone else mention mods (not that I've looked at ALL the pages :P )

Edited by Sma