[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

i'm really glad this mod is getting so much attetion and that it's getting fixed so fast O.O i'd love to help but i have no clue how robotics work irl (yet... i'm doing a course on it) also i have my hands full (testing RBI Tracks and also some mods from "RimWorld")

I think I have enough names for now. I'm still working on this one curious bug. Node attachments work fine for rotational devices but not when it's a surface attachment.

Katateochi,

Haven't seen you in a while. I love the builds and videos you post using this mod. I would love to get my hands on one of your 23.5 builds using a fixed version of this mod in the future, as well as enjoying new videos of them.

Regards,

O.o Superstitious people are strange.

Anyway, hope that curious bug is ironed-out easily.

Just poking some fun out of a bad situation. Not superstitious but who knows its never too late to start. Cant hurt to try, right? :wink:

I regard this as one of the most important mods in the game and I use it extensively, so I'd be really happy to help test it when you are ready.

I feel compelled to say that after watching your constellation mission I feel completely inadequate at KSP now.

Just poking some fun out of a bad situation. Not superstitious but who knows its never too late to start. Cant hurt to try, right? :wink:

FAR 0.13 seems to work just fine, best version ever actually. :P

I think I have enough names for now. I'm still working on this one curious bug. Node attachments work fine for rotational devices but not when it's a surface attachment.

Can i have new version for test too? I monitoring updates for russian community group in vk.com

Small update. Surface attachable parts for both rotational and translation parts is now working! The items with node attachments are the next step. I may send a link to a dll for those to test ONLY the surface mounted parts later tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to squash the node attachment parts soon! Donate button is placed. I hope it works, people let me know if it doesn't.

Original credit goes to r4m0n for the code. I just forked it and kept it going. I think I'm going to release a beta for just surface attachment supported parts so people can test and find any bugs. I'll be adding a provision that will prevent parts with attachment nodes to function so be warned. :)

seriously can't wait for this next update...i got a laythe convoy sitting in the VAB waiting for the washers to spin so the inflatable centrifuges look awesome and spinny

good luck with the monster, may it die quickly and painfully

Original credit goes to r4m0n for the code. I just forked it and kept it going. I think I'm going to release a beta for just surface attachment supported parts so people can test and find any bugs. I'll be adding a provision that will prevent parts with attachment nodes to function so be warned. :)

I am tempted to do a fresh install just run it, with backups tucked away. This could be an interesting evening....

I believe I have resolved the piston styled parts that require attachment nodes. Now I'm working on the rotating parts. Due to how the Vectors are being applied, there will be a requirement to replace all the CFG of the parts. I don't forsee that breaking anything.

I believe I have resolved the piston styled parts that require attachment nodes. Now I'm working on the rotating parts. Due to how the Vectors are being applied, there will be a requirement to replace all the CFG of the parts. I don't forsee that breaking anything.

So... is the time near? Can we get our contraptions ready or should we remain on standby for a bit more? I know estimates are hard, but if it's possible to infer...