[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

Found a bug

1. Vertical or horizontal snap a part

2. Select that part with the offset gizmo

3. Press space, which would normally revert all changes made by the gizmo

4. The part will jump to some location, possibly far away from your craft. Initially I thought it was being deleted

Also, the Undo function doesn't seem to recognize vertical snap as a change. It reverts to before the action before the snap

Edited by zarakon

Thanks for the update!

Feature idea, if you're interested. Vertical snap to a part other than the parent, so parts that aren't vertically centered on the parent can still be easily matched with each other.

Feature idea, if you're interested. Vertical snap to a part other than the parent, so parts that aren't vertically centered on the parent can still be easily matched with each other.

That would be cool. Select any number of parts, then get several options like Align Top, Align Bottom, Align Center

I seem to be experiencing a bug with the load button still in the current version. I was working on a craft a bit ago, game ran out of memory as it does occasionally, and now the load button refuses to display the load menu list. Not sure if it's related to EditorExtensions.

EDIT: Removing EditorExtensions doesn't seem to fix the issue. Starting a new game does however. Only reason I'm posting here is because there was previous reports of a similar bug. Could just be a corrupted save.

Edited by curtquarquesso

Found a bug

1. Vertical or horizontal snap a part

2. Select that part with the offset gizmo

3. Press space, which would normally revert all changes made by the gizmo

4. The part will jump to some location, possibly far away from your craft. Initially I thought it was being deleted

Also, the Undo function doesn't seem to recognize vertical snap as a change. It reverts to before the action before the snap

Both of these issues are fixed, just posted v2.3

I seem to be experiencing a bug with the load button still in the current version. I was working on a craft a bit ago, game ran out of memory as it does occasionally, and now the load button refuses to display the load menu list. Not sure if it's related to EditorExtensions.

EDIT: Removing EditorExtensions doesn't seem to fix the issue. Starting a new game does however. Only reason I'm posting here is because there was previous reports of a similar bug. Could just be a corrupted save.

Yeah, doesn't sound related. I think you ran into a general KSP .90 bug though, i've read of a few people with this problem where there is one corrupt .craft file. Some people said that they were able to get around it by making a new simple ship and saving that, and then the load screen would work again, and/or deleting their last ship saved.

Hello,

I updated to the newest version of Editor Extension v2.3 and I am now experiencing massive FPS drops (down to 20ish) while in the VAB / SPH. The debug menu is not showing any errors but removing editor extensions v2.3 restores my FPS back to around 80ish. I had the previous version installed v2.2? and had no such issues.

I wish I could help you resolve this problem but again there is nothing showing up as an error, just the very obvious FPS drop.

Thank You

Edited by Jim Meillente
found link to previous version

Hello,

I updated to the newest version of Editor Extension v2.3 and I am now experiencing massive FPS drops (down to 20ish) while in the VAB / SPH. The debug menu is not showing any errors but removing editor extensions v2.3 restores my FPS back to around 80ish. I had the previous version installed v2.2? and had no such issues.

I wish I could help you resolve this problem but again there is nothing showing up as an error, just the very obvious FPS drop.

Thank You

Thanks for the heads-up, I didn't look at framerates when I was testing. I found the problem, it's actually a CPU usage problem with one of the things I just added. I should have a patch out soon.

Hello,

Thank You

Just posted v2.4 which should take care of it.

The debug window is still a bit of a CPU hog, but it doesn't have any impact when it's not open.

Neither V or H work for me at all (no message when toggling either.) T X and C work fine. Am I the only one?

They do behave differently now because of the editor changes - you have to place the part(s) first, then while hovering over a part with the mouse, hit V and it will center the part.

They do behave differently now because of the editor changes - you have to place the part(s) first, then while hovering over a part with the mouse, hit V and it will center the part.
Thanks for the tip. I just upgraded to .90 so I'm still figuring things out. Huge changes, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far.

Happy Holidays.

Perfect, thank you. Should probably make that clear in the original post. V-snap is easily the most useful part of this mod for me.

Are there any plans to enhance the usability of the offset / rotate gizmos to allow finer adjustment or a numeric entry?

Are there any plans to enhance the usability of the offset / rotate gizmos to allow finer adjustment or a numeric entry?

The stock gizmos are fairly locked down, there isn't much I can change in their behavior. Instead I'm looking at creating a new custom gizmo to add new features.

otherwise, v2.5 is out, I've added functionality to align and center struts and fuel lines. Info is on the main post.

Hey, thanks for deciding to keep this going even after the incorporation of some of your mod's features into the stock game. I would've been ultra-bummed had useful features like vertical snap and fine symmetry control disappeared from the game. And now I see you've added fuel line/strut snap? Hrrng.

Perfect, thank you. Should probably make that clear in the original post. V-snap is easily the most useful part of this mod for me.

You might want to try this tool: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81390-0-90-Part-Angle-Display-including-seamless-highly-accurate-rotation-v0-3-0-0

It allow finer adjustment for rotations, but...for offset, I think something else is needed.

Just wanted to say that I much appreciate the key-binding change function, as I reassign all my keys to fit a Dvorak keyboard.

There needs to be ones for symmetry and angle snap though... or just detect the ones that stock KSP is using since those are already rebindable in stock.