major tom to ground control ... ground control? , HELLO were did everyone go???

cwholtz

Is there any talk about a mission control??? I have been flying in the cockpit view for a min now and then I was flying an automated rocket/power unit to join the space station when I began to wonder how cool it would be to have the option to remotely control a satellite or a rover i.e. having to install cameras and radios and...and...and you get the idea.

Imagine sending a robot rover to Duna and having to wait 20 minutes to see if it landed safely or not... much less being able to control it in real time... That would make it a bit more challenging.. albeit more realistic. :-)

Imagine sending a robot rover to Duna and having to wait 20 minutes to see if it landed safely or not... much less being able to control it in real time... That would make it a bit more challenging.. albeit more realistic. :-)

Well I don't know about having to wait 20 min that would make it less game and more work but as AngryGiant said

RemoteTech would definitely be up your alley. Requires a Sat Network in order to control unmanned probes, with the additional caveat that you have to factor in delays.

That would be kick@$$ then having to power it coupled with the ware and tare on the probe/rover and the comsat sys for running that rover would add a level of depth that would induce wet dreams in even this fat old trucker.

I mean this is Kerbian universe witch means they could have stumbled onto faster then light coms (or to be more real, on a way to bend space and send a radio trans mission within that bubble and then simply pick up that trans mission ) witch could allow for real time coms with any planet in the sys.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.