Kerbal Cannons

Here is the challenge:

Create a Kerbal Flinger to launch an EVAed Kerbal off of the launchpad at the KSC into the sky, using only stock parts.

[EDIT] That means no rockets that add velocity after the initial launch. [/EDIT]

Also, infinite fuel, unbreakable connections, and editor clipping are allowed, but no other cheats. (CrewManifest, along with any other non-part mod, is allowed)

Inspiration:

Submission:

Please post a picture of your launcher, and the end flight screen or the height meter of your Kerbal at the apoapsis.

Conclusion:

Good luck! Hope to see you in the stratosphere!

High Scores:

1. Quietsamurai98: 11163m
  2. Empty: 0m
  3. Empty: 0m
  4. Empty: 0m
  5. Empty: 0m
  6. Empty: 0m
  7. Empty: 0m
  8. Empty: 0m
  9. Empty: 0m
  10. Empty: 0m

My entry:

Ship:

1EF0949CD8866CECE64251A1139AC6CCD6B181CD

End Flight Screen:

3C4C808A224D711731E64B018E89247C0C45516F

Edited by quietsamurai98

I think you misunderstood the entire point of this exercise.

You launch a Kerbal. Only the Kerbal. Not a Kerbal strapped to a rocket. It should look like this:

I didn't, OP never specified that your launch mechanism must stay on the ground did he? Besides, his thing also launches that storage container.

I didn't, OP never specified that your launch mechanism must stay on the ground did he? Besides, his thing also launches that storage container.

There's a difference between "I didn't break any rules from the OP" and "I intentionally disregarded the entire purpose of the challenge in a failed attempt to appear clever."

There's a difference between "I didn't break any rules from the OP" and "I intentionally disregarded the entire purpose of the challenge in a failed attempt to appear clever."

Disregarded the purpose or not, no rules were broken.

Well, here's the rules that are posted at the time of this message:

Create a Kerbal Flinger to launch an EVAed Kerbal off of the launchpad at the KSC into the sky, using only stock parts.

Also, infinite fuel, unbreakable connections, and editor clipping are allowed, but no other cheats.

Well, here's the rules that are posted at the time of this message:

I'm not disputing that it was within the exact text of the rules. I'm saying that it was against the purpose of the challenge. The point is (and was) to see how far you could fling a Kerbal. You ignore the point completely if you just build a giant rocket, put a Kerbal on a ladder, put it on an escape trajectory, and award yourself infinite points.

It's like bringing a calculator to a third grade multiplication test. Even if the teacher forgot to say it wasn't allowed, you're missing the whole point.

I hereby present my thread where I did this.

With a teaser:

taT7mKk.png

Edit: Must've missed that parts clipping trick. Maybe I will finally be able to put them into orbit....

Also, a few non-stock parts where used, but nothing that contributed to the thrust produced.

Another Edit: Oh! must've missed this

:cool::D:cool:

Edited by Tw1

Maximum exploitment and backstabbing morons! You're awesome!

Maximum exploitment and backstabbing morons! You're awesome!

Why do people blame me for exploiting, when they fail to provide a good set of rules in the first place? As you can see I don't exploit every challenge, because it's not hard to write good rules, and most challenges do have good rules.

Why do people blame me for exploiting, when they fail to provide a good set of rules in the first place? As you can see I don't exploit every challenge, because it's not hard to write good rules, and most challenges do have good rules.

Sure the rules are not as good as they should be, but that does not give you the excuse to be an exploiting smart ass.

Your veneer of innocence might be more believable if you were just pointing out where the original rules fell short in the first place; as it stands, you were clearly trying to one-up the OP.

Your veneer of innocence might be more believable if you were just pointing out where the original rules fell short in the first place; as it stands, you were clearly trying to one-up the OP.

Then in the future challenges should be subject to arbitrary disqualification based on nothing other than the opinion of the OP to stop people saying "Well it is technically still within the rules" and thinking their score will stand...

• 1 month later...

Well, I was praising you for your ability to criticize.

Critics make forums better.

I see no need to lawyer-proof every challenge description. If there was the possibility of misinterpretation, the example picture was very clear, common sense also helped a lot (where is the challenge in sitting your kerbal outside a rocket?).

In the eventuality that you lack both eyes and common sense, you could still ask.