[v0.4] Probodobdyne Construction Kit

NovaSilisko

Any chance we can get a smaller non-pod core (possibly RCS tank?).

I really want to make a probe to drop in Munar orbit and then watch pass from the surface.

+1

It would work best as a 0 ejection force decoupler so that you can safely detach it. I actually modified the old Probodobdyne probe from the old pack to serve that purpose.

DS1 undergoing trials in LKO.

This is a most excellent pack! The scaffolds were exactly what I needed to stabilize my overlong rocket, and am now planning several probulating missions.

A most excellent use of the scaffolds. Party on.

Oh BTW, I noticed that although they don\'t have drag, with a design like mine the centre of mass must still be offset because that cow wouldn\'t do anything under heavy rocket thrust even in orbit except what it wanted. ::)

Typical probe.

Any chance we can get a smaller non-pod core (possibly RCS tank?).

I really want to make a probe to drop in Munar orbit and then watch pass from the surface.

You know you can change the config file and file names and set any part up as any part right? Check out the modding wiki on how to make parts... Then you could just copy the pod core and make is a strut or fuel tank or something...

You know you can change the config file and file names and set any part up as any part right? Check out the modding wiki on how to make parts... Then you could just copy the pod core and make is a strut or fuel tank or something...

I sort of tried that, but KSP would hang on loading. I\'ll give it a more serious shot in a bit.

And I\'m also a fan of options, and I still like the idea of smaller core.

NOVA! just had an amazing idea. have a very small part with Huge amounts of fuel. very light and a small engine and have wheels.

you could be the first mass producer of rover\'s

(i know the way i explained it was terrible)

but you understand what i am saying?

small light weight parts which can be used for ground exploration. so that player can launch small Rovers onto the moon and drive around.

like this

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=4251.0

but on a much smaller scale and having parts specifically made for ground exploration

you would have your Body

Solarcells

Battery

Engine (in this case you would use a LFE because we cant simulate electricity)

wheels (something durable)

and Accessories (antenna\'s, Camera\'s, etc)

I don\'t know if I\'ll release them. Wheels are so buggy and impossible currently.

would increasing the surface area of each wheel decrease the amount of bugs present with most wheels?

also to prevent the wheel bending why don\'t you make the attachment node larger and it gets smaller as it heads to the wheel

like this

______

\ | /

\ | /

\ | /

\ | /

\|/

O - thats supposed to be the wheel

i realise your not thinking about releasing this as a part but i think it would be nice to explore all the options so that if you dont someone else can design and create a wheel which is effective for the current version of KSP

Actually, a pack for some parts to make a little rover to explore the moon would be awesome! Do you think you could make some for the next update?

His ability to do that is very limited as wheels do not work how you think they should right now. HarvesteR needs to make functionality for them before it is really possible