How to Orbit.

So, I have played Kerbal like one month now, and I only used cheats whole time, like Unlimited fuel, but now I want to start to play without any cheats!, but the problem is that I can't go to orbit, It like, Uses too much fuel, and the Orbit goes up, and in some minutes, I start to fall.

What I do:

Launch to 10,000 KM

Point Myself in the "middle" of the blue ball (Not at the middle where Red and Orange cross togheter).

My Orbit keeps going up

2 Minutes later I fall.

Edited by Bobiii11121
Answered!

That's because all you got was all vertical velocity and no horizontal velocity. Pointing yourself up all the way to space won't get you into orbit no matter what you'll do. That's how we launch rockets before 0.11 was released, since there's no orbiting support yet (everything's either fall back or reach escape velocity). Ahh good times :D

Anyway, this might teach you a thing or two. Short length, no frills. 100% video. No texts and information overload.

Take note of the altitude and navball orientations.

Edited by Flixxbeatz

Orbits are all about sideways speed, not how far you go up. In the simplest terms, fly straight up untill 10,000m. then turn over 45* to the east (or 90* on the nav ball) once you get up to about 30,000m check your Apoapsis in the map view and make sure its above 70,000m, once it is, point your nose towards the horizon and build up some horizontal speed. To make it more efficiant, one your apoapsis reaches 70,000m you can cut the engines and re-ignight them once you reach it.

Well, that was helpfull thanks, waiting for some more tutorials :)

Just watch small videos like the one I've posted so that you'll have the general idea how to do it in no time. Wall of texts and video commentaries got lots of info in, but I'm sure you got no time to watch/read them...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.