Losing control (steering of rocket) when I get close to Mun

Hello!

As the title suggests everytime I go to orbit the Mun I time warp to get close to my PE so I can retro grade to get my orbit correct.

After I time war and I am a distance away from Kerbin I lose control of my rocket and cant turn it at all or turn my engines on or off.

Do I need to get a comms satellite out to extend my control influence?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

You are using a probe core, aren't you? These things need electric power. When you run out of power, you lose control of the ship. Add batteries to store more power and add solar panels or radioisotope generator to generate more power.

You only need to set up satellite communications if you are using the RemoteTech mod, else, as said above, you're probably running out of power.

I'm a newbie, have satellites in orbit. Trying to get to the mun, when would you recommend me downloading that mod or does it matter?

Thanks!

I'm a newbie, have satellites in orbit. Trying to get to the mun, when would you recommend me downloading that mod or does it matter?

Thanks!

It will make things a lot harded, wait until you get a good hang of the game before trying to download it. I made the error of trying it out at the beginning and yeah, I regretted it after.

It will make things a lot harded, wait until you get a good hang of the game before trying to download it. I made the error of trying it out at the beginning and yeah, I regretted it after.

Thanks !

that's why I was afraid of downloading any mods yet, glad I asked!

• 4 months later...

Given that this thread is several months old and that at least one update has come out in that time, I'd imagine some of the information in this thread might be just a tad out of date. Thus, if you're still having problems, I'd highly advise you to create a new one describing your current problem in detail.

Thread closed. Have a nice day :)