[Showcase] Replica Craft thread!

I don't have an inflight picture of this craft yet, but here is my K-10 Thunderbolt II: 6vVPV

It has an extreme propencity to pitch forward after nosing down. It will fly straight if you are careful, but at high speeds, just like the attack aircraft it's modelled after, it's very unstable. This is designed for low, slow attack runs.

It's incredibly forgiving while landing as well, and recovers from a flatspin in no time, thanks to the dihedral design of the wings.

With a max loadout of ten AKM-2 Missiles, it's a dominating force to be reckoned with.

Hey, that's a cool one!

I was building modded F-22 few months ago :

I will rebuild it soon! ;d

OMG That's so cool!

Here comes my latest Replica aircraft!

First off, my Dassault Rafale Replica:

t324FEs.png

It looks a lot like the swedish JAS 39 Gripen (wich I see flying over my house almost every day, 'cause I live close to an airfield in Sweden), so it was easy to remake it. Not as good as the F-22 Raptors Mareczex333 and Trollowski did, but I did my best!

Next comes my X-31 Replica!

YlYExQG.png

lFb3pB1.png

OvpBF5l.png

I'm kind of proud of this one, 'cause I used small control surfaces at the back of the engine, as the thrust vectoring-things at the back of the engine. I used a R.A.P.I.E.R engine, cause that's the engine that looks the most like the engine on the real thing. With other words: SCHWOOOM!!!!!!!!

And last (but definatley not least! ;D), the old swedish aircraft J 35 Draken (=Kite/Dragon)!

Psn24re.png

This aircraft is not in use anymore, so I remade it. It's so COOL!!! It really is nothing special, except for the intakes turning into wings, wich were pretty hard to make. Could be made better, but oh well! I like it! Also, this was the last replica flight of the brave pilot Orster Kerman, who served as a test pilot in all these three projects... R.I.P

Hope you like 'em! See ya in space! ;)

Edited by BriXman

Another craft, the AV-8B Harrier!

n6ZFPmT.png

9tvYWes.png

I used Infernal Robotics for the tilting engines. This one flies... Meh. Well, it can do vertical takeoff, and fly like any plane, but when it comes to landing... Not a huge fan. It's suppost to land vertical, but due to it being unstable, that's not possible. When the engines are pointing down, the craft pitch down and crashes into the ground. Although it can do a normal horizontal landing. Yes, I used two engines, but that's just because the real one has got four outlets, so I put two engines on it. Hope you like it!

I like your Dassault Rafale Replica and J 35 Draken very much!

Can you send 1 or 2 more images of X-31? :)

Anyway my version of Dassault Mirage 2000

http://imgur.com/a/f3F7v

My recent. The other X-31 pics are up there. post is now edited. It's an awesome plane you have there! I tried making one once, failed badly! ;)

The X-31 is not that manueverable. It's kind of hard to pitch up, because of it's low placed wings. Anyways, the screenshots are up now. Check them out!

The X-31 is not that manueverable. It's kind of hard to pitch up, because of it's low placed wings

Well... first try to lock front 'canards' (small control surface). It's placed backwards, so this may prevent pitching up (not sure).

You can always clip another 2 small control surface in cockpit. It would improve controling plane for sure ;d

My replicas

P-51 Mustang

http://s6.postimg.org/aose3ausx/screenshot73.png

http://s6.postimg.org/qkdjvltv5/screenshot74.png

Graf Zeppelin

http://s6.postimg.org/7bpnx2ohd/screenshot101.png

http://s6.postimg.org/lonp94xv5/screenshot105.png

Both are designed for FAR, and both fly like a dream.

I have others, but postimage.org isn't giving me direct link codes anymore for some reason...

OMG They're so frickin' awesome! How did you manage to get the Zeppelin flying!?

OMG They're so frickin' awesome! How did you manage to get the Zeppelin flying!?

It uses several HooliganLabs "Octo" gasbags inside the main hull. It also has several full and empty fuel tanks places throughout so that I can pump fuel to the front or back as needed for ballast. It's pretty much a real Zeppelin, top speed of about 85 mph, and can only reach around 1000 meters. I had a better looking one, but it melted down my PC, so I scaled back the number of P-Wings.

As for the Star Destroyer, you pretty much win the internet with that. Did you use the welding mod to lower your part count? That thing looks like it'd get around 10 FPS.

omg i'm a huge star wars fan that craft is awesome i love puppies i need it ;-) ;-) ;-)

Thank you m8 :wink:

As for the Star Destroyer, you pretty much win the internet with that. Did you use the welding mod to lower your part count? That thing looks like it'd get around 10 FPS.

Thanks. You're pretty much dead on on the FPS. I'm trying to weld it but it's not an easy task. Not only the game crashes every few minutes or so in SPH but also Weld has a tough time with so many parts at a time. I try to weld small groups of parts and then weld those small groups into bigger groups to see if it works. But so far my patience is being tested due to the abundant crashes.

Compared to the 1st time building the Star Destroyer...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/29631-Imperial-Star-destroyer?p=366508#post366508

...back in KSP 0.18 I think I made a reasonable progress :D

Edited by DauntingFlyer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.