[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

Love his mod but i can't make anything with them since they do this

TJHrOk5.jpg

They dont hold the stuff inside, so it keeps wobbling, even when I place loads of struts down. I think it may be to do with the bases :/

what u do is strut the payload down first before u put on the fairing sides then the struts will go thru the wall of the fairing and hold it down.

btw edog have u thought of a way to let us modify the faring lines once we add the base? for example u would in the places where it bends be able to move the point out or in some while its just the base and the blue lines

Woo! I am a guinea pig!!

Keep up the good work, and we'll be round with fresh cedar shavings and some lovely dandelion greens for you later. :D

Good to see inter-stage fairings coming out...

Oh, and for the fairings, can we have some other hot-keys to adjust the heights of the lower section/side section/cone section manually?

I'm loving the new interstage fairings! Now my rockets look like real rockets! XD

Two things:

One, perhaps you could make both sets of blue lines merge into one so that you can see what the final fairing would look like better and you could still adjust the fairing ends at both bases.

Two, if the fairing bases were made to be fuel crossfeed capable, so that we don't have to run fuel lines to the engines, that would be amazing.

Keep up the awesome work on this incredible mod! :)

Hello, I have questions about these farings. They look cool and I believe I'll need them to store a special payload, that won't be able to fit as I'm thinking it will.

1: Can I put a stack decoupler on the bottom of them? I need to.

2: I still have 0.20. Can I find a copy for it?

3: How sturdy do these hold their interior cargo?

Hello, I have questions about these farings. They look cool and I believe I'll need them to store a special payload, that won't be able to fit as I'm thinking it will.

1: Can I put a stack decoupler on the bottom of them? I need to.

2: I still have 0.20. Can I find a copy for it?

3: How sturdy do these hold their interior cargo?

You can and you should, or you can add a docking port onto the base plate also, otherwise your cargo won't be able to be decoupled.

At least the fairings work for 0.20, I haven't tested it with 0.21 yet.

You can connect several struts from the base plate to your cargo, just like what i did for KW/AIES/NP fairing base plates before.

Edited by HoneyFox

I love this mod. Love it. The new fairings are so pretty.

In fact, they are so pretty, that's the problem. Might I suggest making them more "Kerbal" in appearance? Make the textures a little rougher or dirty them up a bit? They are just so pretty, and smooth, and white.

I love the whole mod pack and I'm super excited to get to use them.

So how exactly do you use the interstage fairings and what is their purpose? Are they the same as the KW Rocketry interstage adapters?

If you are using an aerodynamics mod, they should make your craft more aerodynamic, by hiding things like batteries, solar panels and ladders that would otherwise be exposed to the air.

If you aren't, they make your rocket look pretty.

The KW interstage adapters are just modified decouplers that, again, just make the rocket look pretty by hiding things you wouldn't normally see - exposed engines and so on. The official default engines have them already built in (the sheath that covers your engine when you place a decoupler below it) but the KW engines don't, hence the need for adapters for prettiness.

Have had a test of interstage fairings, they work pretty well. Only thing i want to mention is, will we have a much thinner base plate for interstage fairings, right now the base plates which are for payload fairings are quite tall. Will we have thinner base plates later or can we just use some other models to replace that?

Have had a test of interstage fairings, they work pretty well. Only thing i want to mention is, will we have a much thinner base plate for interstage fairings, right now the base plates which are for payload fairings are quite tall. Will we have thinner base plates later or can we just use some other models to replace that?

According to the OP, small fairing bases are planned

Just quick two questions :

1. Is there ( or will be ) a way to control jettison force for the fairings ? I'd like them not to explode into oblivion. :D

2. How does radius change work for the base? I tried holding R and moving mouse over the base part, nothing happened. :(

Just quick two questions :

1. Is there ( or will be ) a way to control jettison force for the fairings ? I'd like them not to explode into oblivion. :D

2. How does radius change work for the base? I tried holding R and moving mouse over the base part, nothing happened. :(

Mouse over the fairing base then hold r and drag your mouse, no clicky