making connections in orbit other than using docking collar?????

Is there any other way to 'stick parts together' in orbit other than by using docking collars? I want to build some larger structures that do not have the wobble that is associated with the docking collars. any help and or suggestions would and will be greatly appreciated.

DrTedAstro.

No. You could use landing legs to "grab" other objects, but thats very glitchy and won't stay together if you warp or switch to another vessel.

The large docking ports are fairly devoid of wobble, try using those.

Somebody a little while back had a design for "petals" around their docking ports; basically it involved a quad of structural panels up near the port. The idea was to help two ships align properly for docking. I never heard if it cut down on wobble or not, but I imagine it would.

Other than that, use senior docking ports or use multiple ports. A lot of folks have gotten good use out of a stack tri-coupler with three ports attached; guarantees the things will align to one another.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.