[0.22 - new build] Mercury Redstone, Atlas and Little Joe. Project Moho.

• 2 weeks later...

The best part about your crafts,Mulbin,is the amount of realism in your crafts,for instance,you remembered that the Mercury capsule assembly has THREE small engines on the bottom,if i where making one i wouldn't have done that mount of detail,just like the real Mercury capsule

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The new design is great. Could you give more thorough instructions on the kOS, though? It's quite complicated for a newbie.

Installing it? Or using it?

Installation is the same as any mod, just put it in the right place! Full instructions on the creators forum page.

Once you have installed my autopilot and updated mk1 pod config (instructions in the zip) you can access the computer terminal by right clicking the pod and selecting "open terminal".

To get the program running type the following, always remembering the full stops! Basically these commands are to copy the program from the mainframe at ksc (drive 0.) To the on board computer (drive 1.)...

switch to 0.

copy mercury01 to 1.

switch to 1.

run mercury01.

The program will now by uploaded to the rocket and will begin running.

Installing it? Or using it?

Installation is the same as any mod, just put it in the right place! Full instructions on the creators forum page.

Once you have installed my autopilot and updated mk1 pod config (instructions in the zip) you can access the computer terminal by right clicking the pod and selecting "open terminal".

To get the program running type the following, always remembering the full stops! Basically these commands are to copy the program from the mainframe at ksc (drive 0.) To the on board computer (drive 1.)...

switch to 0.

copy mercury01 to 1.

switch to 1.

run mercury01.

The program will now by uploaded to the rocket and will begin running.

Thanks for the help. I saw the video and thought that just the "switch to 0" would initiate the autopilot system. The problem was with getting the autopilot going. Look forward to testing this later once I have more time. Does this mean the autopilot will just run, and you can just sit back, relax, and watch the "cinematic"? :)

Does this mean the autopilot will just run, and you can just sit back, relax, and watch the "cinematic"? :)

Yes, the program will fly the entire mission, just like the original freedom 7. The only time it hands you control is for 2 minutes after capsule separation... this is when Alan Shepard tested manual control of the rcs system.

I just ran the mission today completely in IVA! Whole different feel to the mission when all you have is that tiny window to look out of!

Does this mean the autopilot will just run, and you can just sit back, relax, and watch the "cinematic"? :)

Yes, the program will fly the entire mission, just like the original freedom 7. The only time it hands you control is for 2 minutes after capsule separation... this is when Alan Shepard tested manual control of the rcs system.

I just ran the mission today completely in IVA! Whole different feel to the mission when all you have is that tiny window to look out of!

Appreciate the support. After typing in the code this message come up.

XsbM1Re.png

Yes you have tried to copy it to zero insread of one.

Basically the programs are stored on the archive at ksc which is number 0, by typing switch to 0. You are logging in to the computers at ksc.... then by typing copy to 1. You are copying the program over to the computer on the rocket. Then when you type switch to 1. You are logging in to the rockets computer which now has a copy of the program on board.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Redstone is extremely accurate...a little too accurate, actually. Whenever I pitch over, it won't stop pitching over! I'm always forced to abort! This happens whether I launch manually or with MechJeb. As for KoS? Too complex looking. I never was good with command lines.

EDIT: Never mind. I was going about it all wrong. Turned out I needed to turn on the RCS thrusters. Now MechJeb has no troubles.

EDIT 2: New problem: I can't orbit the Moho Atlas.

Edited by BNSF1995

The Redstone is extremely accurate...a little too accurate, actually. Whenever I pitch over, it won't stop pitching over! I'm always forced to abort! This happens whether I launch manually or with MechJeb. As for KoS? Too complex looking. I never was good with command lines.

EDIT: Never mind. I was going about it all wrong. Turned out I needed to turn on the RCS thrusters. Now MechJeb has no troubles.

EDIT 2: New problem: I can't orbit the Moho Atlas.

I have an updated Atlas... real life really getting in the way of updating my threads! Will get it up soon.

• 2 months later...

i havnt tested this specific crafts. but your Vostok does not work anymore. the shield dockingorts fpr the sperical capsule are dancing and wobbling around. lunchtower still works, but slightly dancing is vissible, but not a problem for a quick lunch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.