What music do you listen to?

stupid_chris

My favorite DJ is definitely Armin van Buuren, but i prefer a bit more variety.

Here's a few of my favorite songs

Soundlift - Horizonte (Trance)

Gulan - Space Projections 2 (Ambient)

Robert Nickson - Spiral (Trance)

Exit vs Kent & Gian - PURA (Trance?)

I'll just post a couple songs.

ONLY A COUPLE.

But yeah, that should give a basic idea. I listen to almost everything though, from rap to pop as long as it's good. My preferred genres are metal/electronic. I use the term metal VERY widely though, basically meaning everything from that's heavy and uses unclean vocals. I play punk bass too.

I could list 100+ more bands and musicians that I love, but I'm lazy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why, that's easy! Wordy Rapping-hood! (Its not rap.)

http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/tom-tom-club-wordy-rappinghood/G1sicEjGIJLJJgxnM7PaFA

Really though, this one's great! Watch & listen:

Bungie's Marathon 2 theme song, by Power of Seven:

Portal end theme song (may contain spoilers):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8JatlRwd0s&feature=player_embedded#at=31

Mummers Dance, by Loreena McKennitt:

Unreal Top 10 music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkfjtIRbTf4&feature=player_embedded#at=13

Autobahn, by Kraftwerk (single version):

Electric Avenue by Eddy Grant:

Tom Petty's Learning to Fly:

Pick Up the Pieces, by AWB:

and a link to Argent; Hold Your Head Up:

Notice the titles of the latter may apply to KSP experiences!

Really, variety is good.

Edited by Dispatcher
adding video links

-snip awesome Linkin Park-

Holy banana you're like the first person in forever that I found that likes new Linkin Park. Props to you.

And damn, that thread grew large. I thought it died a while ago now :P On that note, I'm seeing Paramore/LIGHTS/Hellogoodbye in a month and I'm getting really excited :D Hoping to meet Lights for a third time, would be awesome :)

I can't figure out how to embed a you tube video - so if you want to know what I like ( which I doubt...) - search for these names :-

Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Lightning Hopkins, Elmore James, John Lee Hooker

Cool Sid. To embed, look at the toolbar just above where you type a post/reply. Find the filmstrip icon. Hover the mouse over it. Text may appear at the mouse revealing "insert video". Click on that icon. A pop up appears into which you paste the video URL. It works with You Tube but not with all video sites. For the other sites that don't work, use the "insert link" icon.

Holy banana you're like the first person in forever that I found that likes new Linkin Park. Props to you.

I think that album (A Thousand Suns) is their best one by far. Very melancholy and apocalyptic. Every time I pop it in, I'm re-surprised at how good it is.

Here's another band I've been digging lately:

Edited by Mr Shifty

For me, pretty much anything from Black sabbath, through to Herbie Hancock through to Mozart.

My personal favorites are the Beatles (of course), Abney park, who are mor eor less Steampunk music, they don't really have a genre. Rasputina are also good, who are just a weird dark cello band.

I quite like the kinks, and some experimental music. And of course. bowie.

I think that album (A Thousand Suns) is their best one by far. Very melancholy and apocalyptic. Every time I pop it in, I'm re-surprised at how good it is.

A Thousand Suns is my favourite album of all time. You really have to listen to it all and not just bits here and there to see how great it is.

Their earlier stuff is too aggressive for me. :P I love Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns.

I like both, my musical range is really wide, though if it becomes too screamy, I lose interest. Chester pours just the right mix in idk. You guys heard

?
<3

Yesss. They're awesome it's my first time seeing them I'm really excited :D And when I learnt LIGHTS was opening for them, I nearly died, she's like one of my favourite artists ever. That will be my fourth time seeing her.

For those who don't know LIGHTS:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.