[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

I don't know about the other ones, but electricity definitely does not. If you plan on having multiple crewed flights running simultaneously I'd suggest using KAS to schedule check-ins so your charge will reset, and pack LOTS of batteries.

Electricity consumption for unloaded ships was turned off for this reason. It still is displayed in the LS window but has no real effect. Electricity consumption for loaded ships is still working so you should probably still build your electrical system to be robust enough to meet the needs of your crew. :)

Wait wait, it was? So, just to be clear, I DON'T have to do scheduled check-ins and put a redonkulous amount of battery power on my stations? I'm a tad confused as to which is the right answer here, because I remember being specifically told that electricity consumption was still on for other flights in-progress while you're off doing something else. Because, I'm not gonna lie, trying to make sure six Kerbals have at least 3 days of power on all my unloaded space stations is a real pain in the rear.

Ok, is there a problem with B9 Cockpits? Just had 2 of 4 kerbals on a pair of docked craft die from air toxicity.

I have had Tac running for weeks now with no issues and I have not installed anything new in weeks either.

LOG ----> https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6r15r7gjl2o7yb/KSPdeadKerbs.zip

Considering how much Bill and Jeb are laughing I am thinking Foul Play.....

QUnGgvk.png

Its the small fuel shuttle... When I came into range of it with a probe it said that 2 Kerbals died from air toxicity.

nuLlqD0.png

Wait wait, it was? So, just to be clear, I DON'T have to do scheduled check-ins and put a redonkulous amount of battery power on my stations? I'm a tad confused as to which is the right answer here, because I remember being specifically told that electricity consumption was still on for other flights in-progress while you're off doing something else. Because, I'm not gonna lie, trying to make sure six Kerbals have at least 3 days of power on all my unloaded space stations is a real pain in the rear.

Correct, you do not have to ensure you have enough power for it.

Thanks, I was modding the greenhouse part and that chemistry is helpful... can anyone explain how to handle conversion when in atmosphere? Since Jeb doesnt seem to produce C02 on Kerbin... only idea i had was to great another TacGenericConverter for use in atmosphere that all it doesis convert 02 to C02 which is then converted back via the regular "Hydroponics" TacGenericConverter system.

Are there any plans to expand on the life support theme further? How about something around medical supplies and issues? Maybe every time a Kerbal does an EVA there is an x% chance to sonsume some medical supply resource. If there arent any, the Kerbal expires due to an injury. This would add another constraint to consider and add some danger to EVAs. Thoughts?

I've recently started getting instant stealth crashes when loading the VAB and SPH, and the source is from TAC life support. I'm using a combination of mods and removing the Lifesupport.dll fixes the trouble, re-enabling it brings it back. Any ideas? Getting a mod list...Mod list ....The problem is not in mem errors, using the Tex Compressor and it's done me just fine.

I've recently started getting instant stealth crashes when loading the VAB and SPH, and the source is from TAC life support. I'm using a combination of mods and removing the Lifesupport.dll fixes the trouble, re-enabling it brings it back. Any ideas? Getting a mod list...Mod list ....The problem is not in mem errors, using the Tex Compressor and it's done me just fine.

Might be something to do with corrupt debris or a borked active craft, if it's suddenly started happening? Persistent files can corrupt pretty weirdly too sometimes. Have you tried running a normally-modded KSP with a brand new save game?

Sorry just read your post properly... only on loading within those buildings? Odd.

Thanks for the mod list! How about a full & complete log file? Or multiple log files?

Does it crash every time you load the VAB and SPH? Or only sometimes? Does it crash the first time after restarting KSP? Would you also upload your persistent.sfs file?

I see that you have BobCat's AmericanPack and SovietPack. Have you disabled asmi's ECLSS life support mod that comes bundled with those? (Delete the ECLSS.dll) That can cause some weird conflicts, but I would expect to see issues in flight not the editors.

I hope that helps!

Re: Daishi & Strana Mechty Engineering -- BattleTech fan? I still have a bunch of the tabletop/rpg stuff, but I don't know anyone who plays that. Most people seem to only play the computer games or now MechWarrior Online.

Edited by TaranisElsu

Thanks for the mod list! How about a full & complete log file? Or multiple log files?

Does it crash every time you load the VAB and SPH? Or only sometimes? Does it crash the first time after restarting KSP? Would you also upload your persistent.sfs file?

I see that you have BobCat's AmericanPack and SovietPack. Have you disabled asmi's ECLSS life support mod that comes bundled with those? (Delete the ECLSS.dll) That can cause some weird conflicts, but I would expect to see issues in flight not the editors.

I hope that helps!

Re: Daishi & Strana Mechty Engineering -- BattleTech fan? I still have a bunch of the tabletop/rpg stuff, but I don't know anyone who plays that. Most people seem to only play the computer games or now MechWarrior Online.

It being a stealth crash, it doesn't actually load off any files, I had to open the debug menu in-game and it showed some sort of error with TAC Life Support .dll. The two packs mentioned aren't actually loaded, I was just messing around with them. It crashes 100% of the time on loading both the VAB and SPH, but the game itself and other buildings launch fine. It also does it universally on all saves. I'm suspecting a mod incompatibility from something's recent update. It's mentioning something about onDestroy with a different mods part file, the TH-NKR and Zoology Bay modules? I'm not sure.

It being a stealth crash, it doesn't actually load off any files, I had to open the debug menu in-game and it showed some sort of error with TAC Life Support .dll. The two packs mentioned aren't actually loaded, I was just messing around with them. It crashes 100% of the time on loading both the VAB and SPH, but the game itself and other buildings launch fine. It also does it universally on all saves. I'm suspecting a mod incompatibility from something's recent update. It's mentioning something about onDestroy with a different mods part file, the TH-NKR and Zoology Bay modules? I'm not sure.

The log file should still be created. It is created as soon as the game is run. On Windows, it is in {KSP}/KSP_Data/output_log.txt

Which brings up another question: which OS? Windows, Linux, or Mac?

Edited by TaranisElsu

The log file should still be created. It is created as soon as the game is run. On Windows, it is in {KSP}/KSP_Data/output_log.txt

Which brings up another question: which OS? Windows, Linux, or Mac?

64 bit W7.

output_log

64 bit W7.

output_log

Would you try deleting all the DLL's from the {KSP}/GameData/NearFuture/Plugins directory except the NearFuture.dll? Those other ones are KSP files and should be loaded from the KSP folder, not the NearFuture folder. That is a packaging mistake by the mod author.

Would you try deleting all the DLL's from the {KSP}/GameData/NearFuture/Plugins directory except the NearFuture.dll? Those other ones are KSP files and should be loaded from the KSP folder, not the NearFuture folder. That is a packaging mistake by the mod author.

...now I just crash instantly when not loading those modules.

...now I just crash instantly when not loading those modules.

Time to start from scratch I suspect. Backup your save folder and if you use kerbal alarm clock your saved alarms are located in GameData\TriggerTech\PluginData\KerbalAlarmClock (not sure why). Download a completly new version of the game and all your mods - download them from scratch as they may have been updated since the last time you installed them. I would suggest installing each at a time and testing by just running the game but a complete reinstall should solve any issues. Then copy your save over and then see if that cures the issue.

Putting together a craft for Jool (how long for there and back, I will need a window each way, right?!) and unless I am missing something the toolbar mod doesn't take into account the recyclers, right?

I figure I need to take enough food for the journey and then only enough water and air for maybe 1/4 of the total days required - I can recycle to top up. That right?

Putting together a craft for Jool (how long for there and back, I will need a window each way, right?!) and unless I am missing something the toolbar mod doesn't take into account the recyclers, right?

I figure I need to take enough food for the journey and then only enough water and air for maybe 1/4 of the total days required - I can recycle to top up. That right?

You are correct that neither the Build Aid window nor the Life Support Monitoring window account for recycling. The recyclers effectively make any Water or Oxygen last 10x as long, so you only need to pack 1/10th the Water and Oxygen as Food.

Also, yes, you need enough resources for the trip there, the time spent waiting for a return window, plus the trip back. My favorite tool for planning that out is: http://alexmoon.github.io/ksp/.

How many people will kill me if I abandon the "1 unit per day" way of measuring resources? Squad complicated things for me in the new version by now offering the option to show the times in Kerbal days (6 hours) or Earth days (24 hours). And it sounds like Kerbal days will be the default. So which "day" should I use?

I can switch to "1 unit per liter" or something similar, which will make a lot of people happy because it will make compatibility with other mods a lot easier. Would the Build Aid and monitoring window make up for the less intuitive values?

This will be a breaking change if I do change it. You will need to start a new save or manually edit your save file to upgrade. Should I do that for 0.23.5 or 0.24?

How many people will kill me if I abandon the "1 unit per day" way of measuring resources? Squad complicated things for me in the new version by now offering the option to show the times in Kerbal days (6 hours) or Earth days (24 hours). And it sounds like Kerbal days will be the default. So which "day" should I use?

I can switch to "1 unit per liter" or something similar, which will make a lot of people happy because it will make compatibility with other mods a lot easier. Would the Build Aid and monitoring window make up for the less intuitive values?

This will be a breaking change if I do change it. You will need to start a new save or manually edit your save file to upgrade. Should I do that for 0.23.5 or 0.24?

I came here to post of this very subject and you beat me to it!

I'd love for the mod to use 1 liter per unit (which is what I set it to for personal use) as this not only makes it very easy to balance capacities, but also makes it inherently compatible with other mods. I was actually in the process of researching consumption rates and storage capacities for the various resources, which I would be happy to share with you. I'm also in the process of making some compatible parts for use with TAC (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/73455-WIP-Universal-Containers-by-New-Horizons-and-Strana-Mechty-Engineering).