What Will You Do When 0.21 Hits?

ArcticVoid

I'm going to built a fast plane to check out the new jet-texture and the behaviour of the new asas in combination with time acceleration.

After that, i'll start a more consistent space program (without leaving kerbals stranded all over the solar system), visit the new moon (apollo-style) and all the other planets and moons i missed out until now. Not to forget bringing a plane to laythe^^

And i will start placing flags. Somehow i've never got to plant one.

Edited by Temeter

I have currently deleted everything.

I will be starting fresh from scratch. I'm looking forward to the new challenges, and the new parts. I have an idea for a new lifter I want to try, but I don't want to start it until .21 actually drops. I'm really hoping that is soon. Like this week soon.

Also, I'm hoping that procedural fairings work with .21. I have not used it in the past and just recently discovered it. I'm very much looking forward to using it on my new crafts. My only mods previously were MechJeb and Crew Manifest. With Crew Manifest being integrated as a stock feature, I feel like adding a new mod pack will be perfectly timed.

Cannot wait to re-discover the Mun and Minmus. Very excited to start a new long-term oribital base. (My last one died to insta-explode save-state.) The new ASAS might mean eliminating the wobble-of-death from space stations. Which means I am very hopeful for a larger base than before.

Commented on one of these already but got some new things I plan on doing now. As someone else said, I'll stop checking the forums/reddit regularly.

I've already backed up the main game folder, but have since built some new ships and well the saves. First, after copying over saves of successful ships, I'm gonna cross my fingers that mods do not get broken (I've heard that may not happen). If all is well, then I think I'll start up a remotech constellation around Kerbin. Once that's going I'll restart my kethane mapping with the addition of ISA MapSat on the Kethane scanner. After that...I haven't decided yet.

Also I've heard that they're working on a save convertor, so I might try that and if it works I'll leave it, but start a new save just to start from scratch, being as that I don't really have much established yet. My current space station has too high a part count for my laptop to handle, though maybe it'll do better in 0.21...time will tell. :)

Edited by Sma

!?!??!?

Where! Gimme-gimme-gimme!

It's not out yet. It might release with the patch, it might not. Some parts of the saves might also transfer perfectly.

Going to start out fresh myself. I've mostly been a builder and a MechJebber. I've recently tried out going full stock again and I liked it in concept, but the old ASAS means I'm fighting it more then I'm enjoying flying rockets/planes. The new ASAS seems to do away with that frustration and a lot of handy KSPX parts are coming in the update as well, so I'm going full stock and play the game unaided/unmodded. Learn how to land on a dime, etc.

1.Download and install (duh)

2.Drool at the new space center

3.Check for new celestial bodies

4.Mess around with new features

5.Try to visit any new celestial bodies (if present)

6.Make a video of it for my YouTube channel

7.Download and fly the stock space shuttle

8.Go to Moho

I have already landed a probe on every body in the kerbal system but I think I am going to go back and do it again with Jeb! I have a proven design for sending large, inter-planetary payloads so I can just modify that for a couple landers and place fuel tanks around a few planets for refills along the way

It's not out yet. It might release with the patch, it might not. Some parts of the saves might also transfer perfectly.

Going to start out fresh myself. I've mostly been a builder and a MechJebber. I've recently tried out going full stock again and I liked it in concept, but the old ASAS means I'm fighting it more then I'm enjoying flying rockets/planes. The new ASAS seems to do away with that frustration and a lot of handy KSPX parts are coming in the update as well, so I'm going full stock and play the game unaided/unmodded. Learn how to land on a dime, etc.

Agreed. Been doing that today. Planted a flag on the moon, then sent a series of landers hit the same target.

Getting better at it (within 2Km), but I feel like I'm missing a technique.

I'm starting again from scratch, so new basic orbiter designs working up to a grand tour eventually (though .22 will probably be on the horizon by then so who knows). Will be doing unmanned missions to planets first this time too.

1-Make giant cargo jet

2-Put rovers in giant cargo jet

3-Realize giant cargo jet isn't an SSTO

4-Install some rockets

5-Run out of fuel

6-Redesign

7-Give up and make a base at the north pole

8-Remember ASAS is a thing

9-Mün base

10-Science

1. Buzz the tower with a rocket then with a jet

2. Check out the new space center

3. Check out the changes form map view at Mun, Duna, Eve and Moho

4. Land on Mun

5. Build and finally fly a jet/SSTO

6. start exploration/hunt for Kerbin easter eggs

7. Land and plant a flag on each planet

What're you guys talking about? I'm already playing 0.21! It's pretty cool, there's weather effects, geo samples from other planets, multiple star systems, and a burger barn back at KSC for Kerbals to eat at. Also Eeloo's new gas giant is really cool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.