0.21 breaks every mod...

lammatt

honestly, this is rather obvious, it's a main reason most mods did not update very often before .21 and many mod makers actively said they were waiting for this update.

It doesn't break every mod. Part only mods should work fine, and legacy pods work fine, though instead of using the new ASAS and reaction wheels, they use the old ASAS, SAS system. Plugins are more variable in their reactions to the newest update.

Basically every mod I was using no longer works. The Mechjeb control part won't attach to anything at all, so it's unusable. Novapunch caused my copy of KSP to get stuck in some loading loop. Impossible Innovation's fusion engines are now one-shot. Once throttled up, they will not shut down or allow any throttling. I had a couple other parts only mods that the parts won't attach to anything else properly. They act like they will,(snap in place and turn green) but when you click, they turn red, detach and jump to the cursor. The point of attachment disappears from the object and you can't use any others until you delete it.

So.. back to the basics for now. (I miss Mechjeb already.)

From sidfu's thread in addon affairs

Kethane -updated and working

Mechjeb-most parts of it dont work

Ironcross support- working as far as can tell

Remotech- working(adding a remote control/command control part disables new sas function)

Deadly Reentry- working far as can tell so far

Kerbal Alarm Clock-not working

Kerbal Crew Manifest (but you don't need it in 0.21 anyway) -not working

RCS Build Aid- not working

B9 Aerospace- working

KW Rocketry- working

Kerbal Attachment System-working

TT's Modular Multiwheels

Firespitter EXCEPT for the "spawn in water" part, which puts you upside down on the bottom of the ocean.- partly working

Kerbal Engineer Redux-working

Unofficial 0.20 update for ISA MapSat (although Mun's new craters don't show up)-partly working

Quantum Struts-working

Procedural farings-working

Part Catalog-updated working

Modulemanager.dll-seems to be working(not 100% sure)

lazor mods-partly working

KerbTown-seems to work

Infernal Robotics-works

Editor Extensions- updated working

Mission Controller-not working

TAC fuel balancer-not working

FASA mercury and Gemini-working

Kerbal LiveFeed: Passive Multiplayer Plugin/Client/Server v0.6.7- updated working

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.