Jefferson Starship + Variants (Hopefully release + Demo Videos + Images)

Asmosdeus

This is a topic for my Jefferson Starship and its variants, including the prototypes.

I think most of you know what they look like since I\'ve been posting them around but if not I will post pictures below soon.

The Jefferson starship is a single engined VTOL aircraft capable of orbital speeds and, at an altitude of 20KM or above, has a range of well over a 3rd of the planets circumfrence.

The only downside is it requires a modified RCS tank for adavance manoeuvres and prolonged VTOL as it hogs the RCS. It is not recommended to use RCS whilst still in the atmosphere.

The name is a simpsons reference, I also have a ship called the Alan Parson\'s project, which I believe is some kind of hovercraft.

-----

~~~Videos~~~

More Coming Soon

Uploading issues

Gunship Demo

-----

~~~Images~~~

Jefferson Prototype in the VAB

2CUJL.png

Jefferson Gunship in the VAB.

QhQvp.png

Jefferson Gunship after firing a pair of missiles:

IEW9f.png

Jefferson Bomber in space with full payload:

1EM0H.png

Much more to come, uploading issues

-----

~~~Downloads~~~

Coming Soon

I have just surprised myself. I built a spaceship of the same design strategy as yours (without the canards and the advanced sas and LFT and LFE (Replaced with a SRB)). This was for high altitude testing, but I came across a problem, I went into orbit. But the design is the best spaceplane I have ever tested. I have never crashed this rocket. After the SRB runs out, I take the aircraft down to a lower altitude and then almost stall the plane as it lands. Just enough control not to crash but not to much.

THANK YOU.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.