SpacePort Clearance

Does anybody else think that they should just wipe the SpacePort of everything.

I am thinking those Modders who are serious about their works with KSP would have little objection to Re-Uploading their new, working Mods.

It would..

1. Save server space.

2. Clear out Junk uploads from days gone by.

3. Reduce Mod/upload Clutter.

4. Make it more user friendly to new comers and veterans alike. (aka reduce threads like. Which version of "This" is the latest etc.)

Feel free to add your own reason to the list. (or Denounce mine)

Unfortunately a lot of good mods only exist on spaceport and due to a lot of licensing ambiguity with older mods, can only exist on spaceport. And just because they're old doesn't mean people haven't gotten them to work, and old mod sources can still be a valuable resource to aspiring modders, as long as they learn, not copy from them.

Just wiping spaceport clean would be highly destructive for minimal real gain. Instead, when we get SpacePort 2, move all the existing stuff to SpacePort Legacy as a record

Unfortunately a lot of good mods only exist on spaceport and due to a lot of licensing ambiguity with older mods, can only exist on spaceport. And just because they're old doesn't mean people haven't gotten them to work, and old mod sources can still be a valuable resource to aspiring modders, as long as they learn, not copy from them.

Just wiping spaceport clean would be highly destructive for minimal real gain. Instead, when we get SpacePort 2, move all the existing stuff to SpacePort Legacy as a record

That would make sense I guess. I was Unaware of SpacepPort 2.

they're working on Spaceport version 2.0 - so wiping things at this point? probably not.

Not that the current version isn't in quite sad shape.

I feel the same but I still worry that the 2.0 will just become the same old cesspool of craft files that the original one has become. I had a look today even, people are not even uploading mods, they are uploading pictures to there as mods.. it's gotten absurd.

example..

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/old-sas-0-21/

Now that's just plain lame.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.