[0.22] GatlingGun mod.

DYJ

Hi, that is what i mean in my earlier post. Sorry for not having been clear enought.

I did find that plugin-parts usefull in order to traverse and elevate the gun with hinges and rotatons.

Still trying to figure out if i could somehow get it to move almost like lazors systems mouse look, but point and click shoot the target :)

If im not mistaken the model needs to have pivot points to achieve that and afaik this model only has a rotator for the barrel (again that is if I understand things right).

Could you change the key fire to another key in the next update? I don't have time to change the config and can you put the craft file for the tank showed?

:)

It takes 15 seconds at best, and instructions are provided on how to do it. You don't have time to change a line in a config, but you do have time to wait for a patch to be released and then download it?

i can't fire the gun even i was pressing the fire key.;.;

Which key did you map the firing action to?

The default [0] is probably for joysticks, and I don't use "t" either because that's reserved by the game for SAS. Instead, I mapped mine to "p" and never had a problem.

Can anyone help me? The new gun won't appear in career mode and as such is useless in my save. I tried adding TechRequired = SicenceTech and it appeared under science in parts, but wouldn't let me select it because it said I needed to add an entry cost in the module file, and you can't open those. Can someone send me the part that works in career mode? I don't want to have to make a new save and loose my progress

Can anyone help me? The new gun won't appear in career mode and as such is useless in my save. I tried adding TechRequired = SicenceTech and it appeared under science in parts, but wouldn't let me select it because it said I needed to add an entry cost in the module file, and you can't open those. Can someone send me the part that works in career mode? I don't want to have to make a new save and loose my progress

If you had it researched before you added it, that is the issue.

try another save first.

EDIT:

Also, you can add an entry cost in the cfg, look at the stock ones for an example.

I just downloaded this mod and it's mostly working fine. However, in the SPH whenever I have more than one gun the firing sound effect starts playing continuously. Would anyone have any idea about how to solve this?

I just downloaded this mod and it's mostly working fine. However, in the SPH whenever I have more than one gun the firing sound effect starts playing continuously. Would anyone have any idea about how to solve this?

me too!when i put two guns at the same time i have the gun firing sound effect starts playing continuously!!!!;.;

great mod, two things i would like updated when or if you get the time and are actually working on this mod still

1: there is a bug with the minigun when moving backwards (bullets do not fly far and just disapear a short distance after barrel, and the weapon tends to have physics glitches). i tested this on a tank i made, that when driving forward, it works fine, shooting to the side, works fine, shooting while not moving in any direction, fine, but once i try to fire away from the direction i am driving in, this error occurs. just create any vehicle and mount a minigun to test it on, drive forward while shooting, then drive backwards while shooting and you will see what i mean. (if this is a specific error i have then tell me how to fix it, as its very annoying not being able to shoot backwards, my bomber rear defense turret is more or less useless)

2: could we get bind support for firing (in the binding menu, perhaps letting us bind different keys to separate guns like the sunbeam allows us to). its not that big a deal as i currently run multiple copies of the minigun with modified stats and having different key binds, but it would be easier to have one gun, with a hotkey to fire all guns, and the ability to bind each gun to a different key that could fire them (basically how you can bind different engines to different hotkeys)

thanks for your great work, id say even now this is my favorite weapons oriented mod, now i just need to finish my custom model for the cannon (the model is great, but it doesnt really fit my tanks which are suppose to be using larger caliber single shot weapons).

now to finish working on the lander for the tank, its very hard to transport over 20 tons that is about as aerodynamic as a house......

me too!when i put two guns at the same time i have the gun firing sound effect starts playing continuously!!!!;.;

I would also like to report this bug.

Furthermore, each additional gun you add seems to play another instance of the sound file, so three guns equals two instances, four guns equals three instances and so on.

I would also like to report this bug.

Furthermore, each additional gun you add seems to play another instance of the sound file, so three guns equals two instances, four guns equals three instances and so on.

if (Input.GetKeyDown(keyFire) == true && (vessel.isActiveVessel == true)) sound.audio.Play();

if (Input.GetKeyUp(keyFire) == true && (vessel.isActiveVessel == true)) sound.audio.Stop();

I have no idea what i could change or do differently to stop the "extra" sounds from playing..

Took me 5 hours to get the sound to work in the first place :P

I have discovered a bug fix that removes the small issue resulting from firing while moving backwards within atmosphere (which glitches physics usually resulting in explosions on your own craft, or the gun wobbling around like crazy).

im not sure if im 100% correct, but part of the code was shifting the bullet's spawn point in such a manner that when moving in reverse the bullet would spawn within the gun hitting it and causing damage to it. Or at least that's what it looks like from some messing around with parameters.

DYJ, if you would like the c# file with the specific fixes commented in it i would be happy to give it to you (since im currently using a fixed version of your mod. Please send me a PM if interested in this fix, after some more debugging/testing i have to double check if it didnt create any other bugs).