Black magic between 0.21 and 0.21.1?

Guest Aaack

Guest Aaack

I don't think they messed with the rendering engine or optimized something in 36 hours right?

But for some reason (I blame it to black magic) the new version 0.21.1 works WAY faster than the 0.21! same computer conditions, same everything!

Oh well it's a nice surprise congrats Squad, for the reaction time and for this new version!

Guest Aaack

Zaeo, but that would reduce calculation lag perhaps? I'm talking about graphic speed, FPSs. With big rockets KSP is laggy (may be less than before, but I didn't made good tests to say that, it's just an impression), but the graphics are flying now.

Weird. Super welcomed, but weird :D

The black loading screens have definitely become lengthy for me when switching between buildings or the launchpad. Loading flights has the same slowdown as well.

Now that I think about it, I might run a Process Monitor trace on the program and see what's it says.

I've the opposite.

My loadings betweens switching buildings are slower compared to 0.21.

Okay, so I'm not the only one having this issue. It's slower than it's ever been going between buildings/scenes, and I've been playing since .18.. Dunno what happened there. :c

Mine is loading a lot faster, and in-game performance is better than ever. But I'm getting the really long black pauses between scenes as well.

Mine is loading a lot faster, and in-game performance is better than ever. But I'm getting the really long black pauses between scenes as well.

I agree with this. Although I've only been around a week so I've only gotten to experience .20 through .21.1, the game loads faster except for switching between buildings at the KSC.

The black loading screens have definitely become lengthy for me when switching between buildings or the launchpad. Loading flights has the same slowdown as well.

Now that I think about it, I might run a Process Monitor trace on the program and see what's it says.

For me too :( This update is awsome anyway :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.